Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Regarding hosting for the demo.

Page: 1 of 1
 michael_collins
07-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Hello.....ive not been here in a while *realises that theres a hell of a lot of dust on the podium......make that more than a while* whats new what have i missed?

Anyways........this is gonna be a big damn file...maybe there would be a chance to get www.fileplanet.com) to host it? Im sure they would be more than happy to and it would give the mod team confidance and publicity and lets face it...there is no such thing as bad publicity right?

At any rate how are you guys? Im glad to be back.
 Shamus
07-10-2004, 11:18 AM
I beg of you, please, please do not distribute through fileplanet! They are probably the worst distribution method I've ever seen! :eek:

Because of the size of the demo, you might want to consider offering a BitTorrent tracker (in addition to regular ol' web downloads). I'm sure the popularity of the mod would help with people's download speeds if you also offered it that way. :)
 Suprosa
07-10-2004, 2:25 PM
If I have to sign up for anything to download it, chances are I wont download it at all, which is what FilePlanet makes u do I think, I severely hate that, and is enough to make me NOT download things I want.
 CortoCG
07-10-2004, 3:28 PM
I think lucasfiles will host it at least and for sure. I could host it too. But the boss is the one that makes these calls.
 The_One
07-10-2004, 4:03 PM
Primary download locations will be:

The main website
LucasFiles (a different server to the main website)
Various other affiliated sites eg. Echobase etc..

Then plenty of other sites will pick it up and host it themselves. The last demo was mirrored without our request by about 10 different sites (including FilePlanet). As a big fan of the BitTorrent network, I'll certainly look into setting up a BT download.

Trust me, getting hold of the demo will not be difficult ;)
Page: 1 of 1