Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Lightsaber Pack

Page: 1 of 1
 Mav
07-06-2004, 5:14 PM
Finally RedHawke and I have finished making and testing the lightsaber pack. Well if you want it, you can get it from here:

The Lightsaber Pack (http://www.pcgamemods.com/6029/)

There are a total of 10 lightsabers if you count them, all with there own stats and placement in the game.

Lord of the Sith
Darth Bane's Lightsaber
Saber of the Darkside
Everlasting Light
Jaden Korr's Double-blade
Star Lightsaber LS & DS
RedHawke's Lightsaber - Short, Regular and Doubleblade.

Comments wanted!!!
 Colma Adawin
07-06-2004, 5:23 PM
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE JUST DOWNLOADED IT THANK YOU BOTH I LOVE YOU TO BITS
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

MattCole

PS there would 've been more smilies but it dont allow it so i VERY HAPPY
 Colma Adawin
07-06-2004, 5:45 PM
oh dudes you dont know how much i love you two for doing this, it brings a tear to my ear seeing my double sabre slice through dark jedi ... sniff.. that will teach them for turning to the darkside :D

if you havent guessed it yet, im the happiest bloke on Holowan.

THANK YOU Maverick187 and RedHawke, Thank you

[Standing ovation] :D

MattCole

PS i was the first to give my idea and the first to DOWNLOAD THE PACK!!! and now im the PROUD owner of the Mod :D:D

http://img12.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img12&image=JadenKorr.jpg)
^ Jaden Korr ^
 Pennyroyal Tea
07-07-2004, 12:02 AM
i noticed your potrait was different from those offered, how could i get it?
 ArmyAJ
07-07-2004, 12:20 AM
I tired to download it, but it's not letting me, for some reason it never lets me go onto that website, so can someone help me fix that problem or send me that mod? thanks :D

(It's out)
 RedHawke
07-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
Finally RedHawke and I have finished making and testing the lightsaber pack.

Yes Mav... Finally! Now we both can get some rest! :D

I also hope everyone enjoys the Mod!

And finally, a big thanks to Darth333 and TK102, that without their valuable help I would now need a ton of wallboard and spackle to fix all the holes in the walls I would have had from my banging my head repeatedly into them. :headbump

Enjoy! :D
 RedHawke
07-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by ArmyAJ
I tired to download it, but it's not letting me, for some reason it never lets me go onto that website, so can someone help me fix that problem or send me that mod? thanks :D

ArmyAJ check your PM's in a little bit.
 Mav
07-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Pennyroyal Tea
i noticed your potrait was different from those offered, how could i get it?

If you mean my avatar, which is the picture below my name, then you can upload any picture you want provided it is the right size. Just go into your user cp and it should give you the option to edit your profile and such.

Originally posted by ArmyAJ
I tired to download it, but it's not letting me, for some reason it never lets me go onto that website, so can someone help me fix that problem or send me that mod? thanks

If you send either me or Redhawke your e-mail in a PM I'm sure we'd be happy to send you the file.
 Pennyroyal Tea
07-07-2004, 9:43 AM
i should have been more specific, i was talking about the potraitin his screen shot, it didnt look like the normal ones, either that or im just seeing things, although the bit about the avatar was helpful.
 Darth333
07-07-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
And finally, a big thanks to Darth333 and TK102, that without their valuable help I would now need a ton of wallboard and spackle to fix all the holes in the walls I would have had from my banging my head repeatedly into them. :headbump
Glad we were were able to save your walls from being turned into swiss cheese :D
And good work you two :)

Originally posted by Pennyroyal Tea
i should have been more specific, i was talking about the potraitin his screen shot, it didnt look like the normal ones, either that or im just seeing things, although the bit about the avatar was helpful.

Here is how you can make all the portraits you want Pennyroyal Tea (that's an orininal name btw :D ):

Take a screenshot of your the npc while playing the game, make a 64 or 256 pixels square, per example and save at 32 bits. Check this thread for a state of the art explanation: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128548&highlight=sv%F6sh)

Save your image as po_blahblah.tga

Then, go to the portrait.2da file and add a new row:
In the baseref column, type the name of your .tga file (po_blahblah) without the extension. Then, in the "appearance number", "appearance_f" and "appearance_s" colums, enter the row number of the appearance.2da file corresponding to the appearance of your npc. Race, normally it's 6 but check the "Race" field in your npc's .utc file just in case.
Save and close (before saving, just click on another row you'll loose your new row). Check the portrait.2da file in another mod to see how it's done (my recruitable mods have new portraits).

Finally, open the utc file with GFF editor and in the field entitled portraitID, add the number of the row you just added to the portrait.2da file (per example 41).

For the required tools and additional tips on how to use the tools, read the Guide for the Newbie (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129789) in the stickies.
 Pennyroyal Tea
07-07-2004, 10:58 AM
thanks i think i understand it, i just have the problem of being a complete noob to modding and i cant find the screenshot key :confused: i have checked the manual and the key configuration in the game and cannot find it, i now its dumb but can you tell me where it is? lol i sound like a retard
 Darth333
07-07-2004, 11:03 AM
First, you have to enable screenshots. Open the swkotor.ini file in your Kotor directory and, under the [Game Options] section,change the entry "EnableScreenShot=0", for "EnableScreenShot=1" (without quotes). After this when you want to take a screenshot, just press your Print Screen key and paste to a proper application (your screenshots will also be stored into your SwKotor Directory)

You could also use Reclip which allows you to take approximately 200 screenshots : http://www.brothersoft.com/Reclip_Download_3458.html) (thanks svцsh, I love this application)
 Pennyroyal Tea
07-07-2004, 11:24 AM
thanks, that helped a lot, i now just have to test it. i was also wondering if you could help me with my lightsaber problem, http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=129499&perpage=40&pagenumber=3) because it appears as though mav is not on right now thanks
 En liten mus
07-07-2004, 2:29 PM
Will they replace ne defult lightsabers or are the completly custom and will replace nothing?
 Mav
07-07-2004, 3:45 PM
Originally posted by En liten mus
Will they replace ne defult lightsabers or are the completly custom and will replace nothing?

The sabers are all custom and wont replace any of the regular sabers, plus they are all upgradeable!!!
 Mav
07-08-2004, 1:49 AM
Come on people give RedHawke and I some feedback, over 100 downloads and only replies from 6 different people???
 RedHawke
07-08-2004, 1:56 AM
Come on people give RedHawke and I some feedback, over 100 downloads and only replies from 6 different people???

Maybe they are all just speachless! :D
 wingzro
07-08-2004, 2:38 AM
I like how you guys have added lengthy and descriptive background stories to each of the sabers. nice touch.
 Colma Adawin
07-08-2004, 2:49 AM
Originally posted by wingzro
I like how you guys have added lengthy and descriptive background stories to each of the sabers. nice touch.

those background stories came from the ppl who thought of the sabre and the stats :D

Originally posted by RedHawke
Maybe they are all just speachless! :D

that may be true but, i think i let my excitement get the better of me :D

MattCole
 Mav
07-08-2004, 4:45 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
those background stories came from the ppl who thought of the sabre and the stats :D

Very true, and if you want to know who cam up with what backround story you can look in the readme and see who suggested each saber. However RedHawke also made a couple of datapads with an extended backround story for some of the sabers, very good stuff by RedHawke
 RedHawke
07-09-2004, 12:08 AM
However RedHawke also made a couple of datapads with an extended backround story for some of the sabers, very good stuff by RedHawke

Thank you Mav! :D
 illuzion69
07-09-2004, 4:43 AM
I just tried it out and it is awsome!!! Very good work!
 RedHawke
07-13-2004, 3:54 AM
Well Mav, over 200 downloads and nothing bad aimed our direction... yet! :D
 Mav
07-13-2004, 4:30 AM
Over 200 downloads and no complaints hmmmm I wonder if I forgot to put contact information in the readme.....LOL :D, wait a minute I think I did forget to put contact info in the readme oh well, don't think the readme is worthy of being an updated version...lol:D
 True_None
07-20-2004, 12:08 AM
Great job to both of you !!! I've downaloded it and have really enjoyed both the stores and the toys themselves !!
 Mav
07-20-2004, 1:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback True_None we've had over 300 + downloads of the thing and fairly little feedback about maybe 10 or so different people, so thanks for the feedback it is greatly appreciated, and I'm glad you like it!:D
 RedHawke
07-20-2004, 2:08 AM
Thank you as well True! Glad you are enjoying them! :D
 FiEND_138
07-20-2004, 3:24 AM
I really like these; the background for 'em, the way you guys stuck 'em in game (haven't read the read me) so it's kind of another side quest to find 'em so thanx. Although, I'm not too keen on a couple of the blades personally, this great work. Good job guys :D
 Mav
07-20-2004, 4:54 AM
Originally posted by True_None
Although, I'm not too keen on a couple of the blades personally

I agree with you I don't like a couple of the blade colors that I made as well, but I just made them to do my best to fill the request of the person whom suggested them. *whisper* I have diferent colors for my personal use hehehe. One that I don't like is attempt at a Blood Red blade I tried to get that deep maroonish red look several times, but the thing just wasn't working out for me and it looks a little awkward to me, it has a slight bit of transparency to it, but oh well I guess that is what happens when I try to get things done on time...lol, but I'm glad you like them overall and have fun with it!!! :D :D :D
Page: 1 of 1