Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

some problems with game

Page: 1 of 1
 Ryynis
07-06-2004, 10:42 AM
I have two problems with a game

1. Everytime when I am trading or in inventory, char info etc.. I heard strange noise everytime when I move my mouse and it is very irritating :( and if I schoose one item it dosent highlight it but I can see items specs.

2. In some dialogues i can schoose with mouse what I gona say but sometimes I can only choose with keyboard, mouse is much better in dialogues.
 RedHawke
07-07-2004, 1:18 AM
Do you have the latest 1.03 patch for the game?

Do you use the Alt key and the mouse to move instead of the Arrow keys and the mouse?

The alt key gets you stuck when you are pressing it to move and going to talk to an NPC where only the keyboard will allow you to answer dialogues.

The fix is to use the arrow keys to move and the mouse to steer, and you won't get stuck with no mouse in the dialogues again.

And when exactly is there is a buzzing sound when you move your mouse? All the time?
 Ryynis
07-07-2004, 3:27 AM
I have 1.03!

Okay there is no problems if I use mouse only!!! because if I press i to go to inventory and move there with mouse then the sound will come but if I go to inventory trough upper right corner with mouse then it wont make that sound. There should be patch for this because I like to use shortcut keys and then mouse in inventory, but if I use shortcut keys then I have to use arrows and that I dont like.
 RedHawke
07-07-2004, 6:08 AM
Ryynis yeah the alt key is what caused the dialogue problems for me as well, but the arrow keys are much better anyway. Just push the up key and steer with the mouse. :D

If you are getting a mouse movement feedback sound then you should probably update your sound cards drivers.

And play with the sound settings from within the game, and see if that helps.

EDIT: I don't believe there will be another patch for KOTOR. Lucasarts has to give the go-ahead for Bioware to make a patch and that has a very slim chance of happening.

So, unless the newer sound card drivers did the trick, you are probably stuck using your mouse only to avoid the feedback sound instead of the shortcut keys. Sorry!
Page: 1 of 1