Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Blocking System

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Kitty
07-03-2004, 4:20 PM
I downloaded the recent block OJP demo and have to say, good idea but it blocks when I dont want to. Now I know this is a WIP. But heres a better idea that I KNOW works since a friend of mine helped me do it for JO. Simply make a blocking KEY. Thats all, a blocking key. Eg; hit Space and the player does a blocking animation.

Ok. Back to work on PC :D
 razorace
07-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Uh, it is a button. you probably used the wrong beta.
 Bit2k4
08-01-2004, 2:23 PM
Hey, I have one question about well.... the Blocking system and Ledgegrabbing.

First of all, I haven't really tried to mod out on the internet atm, im going to get a couple people from my clan to help me test it online, but back to the topic, the Blocking System, you said that you have to push a key to be able to block, that's what im thinking your saying. Well, what key is it? I havent seen any key setup <If your allowing it to be set up> for it. And so im at a loss on how to block.

Second, the LedgeGrabbing ability. I can not grab any ledge no matter the size, length, or height. I would just like to know how do I ledge grab? Is it a key or is it automatic? I have all three packages of the mod: OJP Basic [Beta 3], OJP Enhanced [Beta 6] and I also have the OJP Enhanced: Blocking [Beta 1].

Oh and a quick question, for the OJP Enhanced: Blocking [Beta 1] do I put that .pk3 file into the gamedata/base folder or the gamedata/ojp folder?

Some help would be apprecitated thanks!
 razorace
08-01-2004, 3:33 PM
OJP is always set up to be installed the same way. You just unzip to your main game directory (with folder names preserved) and it will create the approprate folders automatically.

You should never place code mods in your /base directory.

As for ledge grab, just press in the directory of a ledge to grap it. Plus I think it's only in the Enhanced Blocking Beta.

Block is controlled by the secondary attack button (previously saber throw).
Page: 1 of 1