Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

creating new people

Page: 1 of 1
 *Atris*
07-03-2004, 10:07 AM
hi i want to create a new recruitable npc that has the sith apprentice body (with the like hood mask thing) but i want to give her a custom skin but when i give her a custom skin it replaces all of aprentices, and when i try to create a new row in 2da and give it to mission she invisabvle. please help
 Colma Adawin
07-03-2004, 10:28 AM
doesn't that go into the Models? and as far as i know we havent cracked the apperance model. i dont know, sorry

MattCole
 Darth333
07-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Simply create a new utc file: rename the utc file, give a unique name like super_sith.utc then opne the file with gff editor and go to the tag field. Change it to super_sith. Do the same thing with the Template ResRef field. (you can replace super_sith by whatever you want this name won't appear in the game). Change your recruit script accordingly:
void main()
{
RemoveAvailableNPC(7);
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(7, "super_sith");
}

the number 7 will replace T3m4, for other npcs, use:

BASTILA = 0
CANDEROUS= 1
CARTH = 2
HK_47 = 3
JOLEE= 4
JUHANI= 5
MISSION= 6
T3_M4 = 7
ZAALBAR = 8

BTW, you should use a unique .utc file each time you do a recruit mod. Otherwise, when you drop the .utc file in your override folder, you will replace every .utc file in the game that has the same name . Remember that when you do a recruit mod, you have to change the faction and the scripts that determine the behavior of your npc to make him a party member (check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129961)
If you don't create a new .utc file with a unique name... Just imagine what will happen when you run the game: you will have a ton of new friends, especially if you use a sith soldier .utc file :D
 Jackel
07-03-2004, 9:07 PM
On the custom skin rename the skin number to say 07 or another number that isnt the same as the currently used skins

Then change the texture variance in ther utc file to point to that skin , this will stop it over riding every other hooded bad guy you see
 StormTrooper789
07-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Creating a *.utc file is the way to go. Make sure you give it a unique name like Darth333 mentioned and change the TemplateResRef entry in the *.utc file with GFF Editor. There ya go instructions. :)
Page: 1 of 1