Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mods for "Character Generation"?

Page: 1 of 1
 Luke Jivewalker
07-03-2004, 3:54 AM
I'm looking for a mod that will simply add new characters to the start of the game that you can choose. Nothing more, nothing less.

I've searched for awhile on these boards and haven't came across one that focusses on this.

I'd like to choose different aliens at the character buildup screen, such as, twileks, rodians, ithorians, malak, bandan, jedi masters on dantooine...you get the idea.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated,

Arigato!
 Mav
07-03-2004, 5:14 AM
if you are asking if there are any mods that change the model of your PC character you have two options really.

1. Download the Holowan Plug-in as there are several new skins to choose from in the create a character thing.

2. Download KotOR Savegame Editor version 2.0.6 or later (I believe) and you can edit the appearence of either your PC or your party NPC's and make them any creature model in the game including droids etc. etc.
 Luke Jivewalker
07-03-2004, 4:02 PM
Thanks for replying.

If I install the holowan plug-in, but don't bother with any of the extra (optional) mods, will it affect any of the gameplay?

I'm really just looking for something that will let me choose different species from the get-go, and not something that will drastically alter the gameplay.
 Colma Adawin
07-03-2004, 4:10 PM
you'd be better off with KSE (KotOR Savegame Editor) becoz you can change your apperance and portrait and even sort your inventory, add and remove items, i and a load of others would make it a HIGH PRIORITY DOWNLOAD, heres da link:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/5862/)

a MUST for any KotOR player

MattCole
 Mav
07-03-2004, 5:12 PM
when you install the holowan plug-in you can only exclude certain files but not evrything but the appearences.
 Luke Jivewalker
07-03-2004, 7:26 PM
Thanks for the links. Im checking out the save editor right now.
 Luke Jivewalker
07-03-2004, 7:51 PM
That works out real nice.

Just messing around w/ it for awhile, I picked Uthar to play as, and I noticed whenever I tried to equip any clothing it doesn't change the appearance. Uthar always wears his original clothes...

Anyway to bypass this?

Looking through the inventory I couldn't find the Star Forge/Revan Robes. Does anyone know which item to select?

Thanks again! This will give an already great game even more replay value!
 ArmyAJ
07-03-2004, 8:43 PM
Revan's Robe - g_a_mstrrobe06

Star Forge Robe - g_a_mstrrobe07
 waterhammer
07-03-2004, 8:46 PM
Changing appearances with KSE is like putting on a disguise and just like with a disguise, you can't see your armor/masks etc.
 Luke Jivewalker
07-03-2004, 10:17 PM
thanks for the info.

im thinking about giving holowan a try, but im a little hesitant because im not sure how much of the gameplay it will affect. i'll probably just install the mandatory plug-in and non of the other stuff.

basic questions (about the plug-in only)

1. does it affect how your character level ups?
2. does it change the difficulty?
3. does it affect any feats, skills, powers?
4. are new modded items found or bought?
 Darth333
07-03-2004, 10:22 PM
It's just a disguise and it doesn't affect you stats nor gameplay.

Concerning modded items, you can acquire them with the giveitem cheat. Some authors also include them in the game, like in a locker, a corpse or even during a dialog (see svцsh' Revan Redemption Robes and TK102's Darkside choker)
Page: 1 of 1