Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Selecting the whole map.

Page: 1 of 1
 RoxStar
07-02-2004, 7:55 PM
Is there anyway that I could slelct all the brushes in my map at the same time? I want to cut down on my compiling times by making my canyon all detail brushes. SO can anyone help?
 wedge2211
07-02-2004, 9:09 PM
First of all, NEVER make the whole map detail brushes--you need to seal off your map from the void!

However, if your canyon is a terrain or a large number of brushes in general, making it detail (inside a structural hull) is a very good idea.

There are three good ways to select lots of stuff:

1) Hold ALT and drag a box with your mouse.

2) Make a brush and click the "Select Inside" or "Select Touching" button.

3) Select any brushes (if any) that you don't want in the final selection, and then hit I. (Invert selection)
 RoxStar
07-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by wedge2211

However, if your canyon is a terrain or a large number of brushes in general, making it detail (inside a structural hull) is a very good idea.

Ya thats actually what I was doing. Thanks wedge you saved me a lot of compile time.
Page: 1 of 1