Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Giving out on loads and when going to menu

Page: 1 of 1
 Phelan Loe
07-02-2004, 7:06 PM
I have a couple of problems with my KOTOR game. The first being that the game freezes when loading my saved games. What happens is I click on the load it gets half way and goes no farther, however, the computer has not frozen as I can still Ctrl-Alt-Del out of the game and shut it down. This problem is particularly frustrating as I have had to restart the game several times alreadybecuase of this. Secondly, whenever I try to go to the menu during game (pressing "ESC") the game freezes on most occasions. This most likely has something to do with the previous problem as the game hardly ever freezes on any other occasion. I own a low-end computer so I run the game on low graphics with no movies or sounds. I would highly appriciate any help. Thanks to whoever offers advice in advance.
 FiEND_138
07-02-2004, 7:53 PM
What are your specs?
Are your drivers up to date?
Is your game patched to V. 1.03?
Do you atleast come close to, meet, or pass the system requirments?
 Phelan Loe
07-02-2004, 8:18 PM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Do you atleast come close to, meet, or pass the system requirments?

I come close.

Is your game patched to V. 1.03?

Yes, it is.

Are your drivers up to date?

I updated them just two weeks ago.

What are your specs?

OS=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600
CPU=Intel Pentium IIIXC 669MHz
Free Disk Space=27.56GB
Drives=TEAC CD-W54E
Video=Intel(r) 82810E Graphics Controller
Audio=Riptide Bus / Firmware Downloader
 FiEND_138
07-02-2004, 8:34 PM
I'm thinking its your CPU thats givin ya the headaches. Make sure you don't have any other programs running in the back ground, you'll need every ounce of power you can get. Maybe your vid cards causing trouble as well. I can't recall if it's on the supported list, go into your kotor folder > Docs > Kotor troubleshooting to check, or check LA's or Biowares support, they should have them listed there too IIRC.

http://lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/index2.html)
Go to game info :)
 WaveSkier
07-03-2004, 10:47 AM
you're not alone. :( when I try to load a savegame about half the way thru the load it freezes :mad: all I can do is al-ctrl-del to get out of it. it doesnt happen always, but about 50% of the time, which is really frustrating. I havent had any problems when going to the menu (esc) I'm determined to fix this problem or storm into bioware's office with a lightsaber :cool: If I find a solution I'll post it on here. I meet or exceed all the specs, so a low end comp. may not be the problem these are my specs

Windows xp
AMD athlon 2 GHz
512mb RAM
nvidia geforce 2 32mb
nvidia nforce 1 soundcard

all my drivers are up to date and i'm running version 1.03
 WaveSkier
07-04-2004, 10:02 AM
I've got a solution for the freeze up during savegame loading. theres a program in windows xp called "cisvc.exe" you'll find it under "processes" in the alt-ctrl-del menu. it indexes all the files on your drive for faster searches, but basically just hogs up resources. the problem it creates with this game is, it wont allow the old temporary game files to be deleted during the re-load so the game just freezes. so, before you play just alt-ctrl-del and end the process "cisvc.exe" (i'm not 100% sure on the spelling) or you can permanently disable it using these instructions http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak545.aspx)

hope this helps :p
Page: 1 of 1