Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

That god DAMN tunnel of love.

Page: 1 of 1
 The Trophy Wife
07-02-2004, 3:09 PM
Hi. Long time reader, first time poster.

I recently re-discovered Sam and Max Hit the Road, and tried to play it for the first time since toddlerhood. (I'm still a young'un..)

NO there is no problem with my sound.

There is, however, something wrong when I try and "use" Max with electicity box in the fklvnldflkgnjfghjsdfgksdfhgksdfhj Tunnel of Love.

Problem Part Uno: When using the blacklight flashlight, I can easily see the box. But then I CAN'T put the damn thing back in the box and pull out the Max head. When I click on the storage box the light just turns on again.

Problem Part Dos: Seeing as using the light and THEN Max won't work, I just try to use Max without the help of the light. But whenever I click Max on the Box o' Electricity, the head disappears and the little walky-Sam-fingers show up in its place.

By this time it is too late to use Sam AGAIN, and even if I did, it won't work.

I have looked at a dozen walkthroughs, and no one discusses this problem. Is it just my game? Is it my Mac?

Is it.. fate?
 Samnmax221
07-02-2004, 3:46 PM
You don't need to put it back in the box to grab max and use him
the light will stay on and sam will bash max's water'ed up face into the circuit breaker.
 The Trophy Wife
07-02-2004, 4:06 PM
Just tried what you said, still didn't work. Practically clicked my mouse to a pulp, too..

Uhm.

Any other advice? Know where I can get a SaveGame file for somewhere beyond this point?
 Udvarnoky
07-02-2004, 7:43 PM
Once you have the flashlight on, right-click until you get to either the "use" or the "pick up" icon and click on Max sitting in the boat. You should get a Max icon while the light is still on. You can then proceed to jam him into the circuit breakers.
 The Trophy Wife
07-03-2004, 2:34 AM
Originally posted by Udvarnoky
Once you have the flashlight on, right-click until you get to either the "use" or the "pick up" icon and click on Max sitting in the boat. You should get a Max icon while the light is still on. You can then proceed to jam him into the circuit breakers.

I have a Mac, remember? I can't right click- I have to use Max by clicking on the storage box and THEN clicking on the Use Icon. Which it won't lemme do.

And campincarl, if you're referring to the puzzle, I bloody DID figure it out, I just don't know how to physically get it to work on my computer. If you're referring to the right-clicking, Mac mouses (I did say I had a Mac.. but I don't blame you for not remembering) only have one clicker.

:rolleyes:
 Ray Jones
07-03-2004, 3:57 AM
how.. odd. this must be like having sex with an apple pie.
 Dr Edison 007
07-03-2004, 10:59 AM
how.. odd. this must be like having sex with an apple pie.

That reminds me of that movie, Timmy the Tooth in the Land of the Cavities.

On-topic: Right click is simulated with the tab key, isn't it?
 campincarl
07-03-2004, 9:11 PM
this is why people dont have mac computers.... all is clear now
 Dr Edison 007
07-04-2004, 7:43 AM
Originally posted by campincarl

Yeah, Carl so people can't play a ten year old game.

I'm not sure if that was a joke or not, but telling by your previous posts you're stupid and incapable of making a joke, so my post stands.
 Skinkie
07-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by campincarl

Im afraid I'm gonna have to ask you all to quit posting stuff that is unhelpful. (The above is just one example, there are plenty around) In all other areas of the forum people are allowed to run willy nilly and create stupid havoc, but in the troubleshooting stuff it's prefered to just play nice. Thank you for your co-operation.
 xChri5x
10-06-2005, 3:09 AM
I remember I was stuck at this part for the longest time. I believe it was the TAB button that saved me.
Page: 1 of 1