Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem with Mission Vao and Baseitems.2da!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Colma Adawin
07-02-2004, 2:20 PM
Help!! i've got a problem ( Duh ) i've got over 1250 files (just checked) in my override

i've got the Dual weapon mod 4 the 2 double handed sabres and double rifles mod which is causing me hassle!

concerning Mission Vao,

i've got the Mission ~ Maul Cross Mod and i've just got it working with my other mods, with the exception of the Dual Weapon mod (Baseitems.2da)

i've tried my game with the mod (dual weapon) and my game crashes once i go anywhere near Mission Vao's 'checkpoints' (where i see her / talk to her)

i've also tried it without it and it works PERFECTLY i can see, talk and have her on my party.

if anyone can help, i'd LOVE UM!!! lol

MattCole
 Mav
07-02-2004, 4:43 PM
Over 1250 files????? maybe you should be a little bit more ummmm ... picky and just keep your favorites...lol, but sorry I don't know what is wrong, sometimes mods just don't work well together.
 Darth_ToMeR
07-02-2004, 4:47 PM
Try putting the files of the dual mod after recruitng mission.
And i agree with maverick. You download too many mods.
 Jackel
07-02-2004, 4:55 PM
Easy , like i told you previously (not in this specific issue though) , your baseitems.2da for the dual weaons mod is overwriting the darth mission mod , you will either have to ask someone kindly make both work together by combining them and modding any uti/utc files that need to be modified

Of course you could always learn to mod oyurself :p
 illuzion69
07-03-2004, 12:56 AM
I wrote the dual weapon mod and the best way to fix this problem will be to open the darth mission baseitem.2da file in kotor tool then change the weapons in the equipableslots row from 0x00010 to 0x00030 in the weaponwield row change the melee weapons to 2 and blasters to 4 then save. note that some of the weapons are further down on the list. if you have any questions or any other problems let me know.
 Colma Adawin
07-03-2004, 2:08 AM
the Maul Mission Cross doen't have a baseitems.2da file its only got the three files named

P_MissionBA01.tga
P_MissionBB01.tga
P-MissionH01.tga

i dont understand Y i'm having a problem

THIS SUCKS!!! :(

MattCole
 illuzion69
07-03-2004, 2:25 AM
Have you had problems with the dual weapons mod before you used the maul-mission mod? maybe try to download it again or remake the dual weapon mod with kotor tool and changing the items listed in my previous post. I'm just as confused as you, it shouldn't be conflicting if there is no other baseitems.2da. let me know if that works or not, if not I will look into it more.
 RedHawke
07-03-2004, 2:35 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
i dont understand Y i'm having a problem

THIS SUCKS!!! :(

MattCole

Well Matt with 1,250 files in your override, you are going to have compatability problems, and troubleshooting at that size is quite impossible.

However, it is also possible that your override directory is too large for your computer to load it all into memory, it might not be the mods at all, but your PC reaching a loading limit. I remember reading somewhere that in NWN (KOTOR's Engine is based on) that excessive amounts of override files can cause instability and crashes.

It's kind of like that Monty Python (Meaning of Life?) skit with Mr. Queasoat (The Fat Guy) in the resturant, pigged out and he exploded when eating that one last "Wafer Thin Mint."

That one last mods baseitems.2da very well could be your PC's "Wafer Thin Mint." :D

I could be quite wrong... but it is something to ponder.
 Colma Adawin
07-03-2004, 10:21 AM
okay before i start, thank you all for your help.

okay i've always had a problem with this Mission Maul mod, my game ALWAYS worked before i added the Mission Maul cross.

i'm going to try Seps Mission version 2 mod instead of Mission Maul, but i REALLY WANT THIS MOD, so if anyone has any more ideas please help

MattCole

PS i've NEVER had a problem with the Dual Weapon mod, only mission maul cross
Page: 1 of 1