Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem

Page: 1 of 1
 ArmyAJ
07-02-2004, 2:46 AM
My damn game keeps crashing... now the only reason I'm posting it here is cause it has to do with mods. Now it's not certain mods and they're not corrupt, I checked. It's just that if I put more then one file in my Overide folder the game crashes. I had a robe mod in my game and it worked fine, but as soon as I added others it crashes. Now the game works fine as long as there are not more then one file in the Overide folder. And it's REALLY starting to piss me off :mad: (I'm sure you can tell). Can anyone help me?
 Darth333
07-02-2004, 2:48 AM
Can you tell us which mods you have and where the game crashes?
 ArmyAJ
07-02-2004, 2:50 AM
It's any mod as long as it's bigger then one file... I have a Revan robe mod that's in there that's only one file and the game is fine, but as soon as there is more then 1 file in there it crashes, I put a lightsabe mod and a re-skin mod in there as well, both of the other mods make it crash, and I've done all sorts of convertions, it's just that as long as there is more then one file..... I can't take it anymore.
 Colma Adawin
07-02-2004, 3:19 AM
nah that should be happening, i've got over 700 files in my override alone,

is the revan mod Revan the White? becoz that never worked on mine, if so GET RID OF IT!!! (sorry RedHawke)

if not...

1) Where does your game crash?
2) when was the last time you Defragmented (Defrag) your computer becoz my game was crashing and my game always worked with my mods and then i Defraged it and it sails through

MattCole

hope this helps
 ArmyAJ
07-02-2004, 3:31 AM
Nah it's not the Revan the White mod. It crashes at a load point, any load point, now when I try to even load a saved game, it crashes. I'll try the defrag thing, really hope it works cause this totally sucks. Thanks Matt, I'll let you know.
 ArmyAJ
07-02-2004, 4:22 AM
Didn't work..... :(
 Colma Adawin
07-02-2004, 4:53 AM
right, can you start a new game with the mods?

MattCole
 Jackel
07-02-2004, 5:30 AM
Army : do any of the mods you are running have a file the same ?

ie two mods both with a modified appearance.2da ? (this can be anyfile)
 RedHawke
07-02-2004, 6:38 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
is the revan mod Revan the White? becoz that never worked on mine, if so GET RID OF IT!!! (sorry RedHawke)

It likely didn't work Matt because someone elses mod that you have, in your admitted 700+ files in override, probably used a different appearance.2da, upcrystals.2da, or an identical filename somewhere, and with over 370+ downloads and no complaints so far Matt, you probably did not install it correctly!
(No Offence Meant Matt! :D)

Back on topic:

Originally posted by Jackel
Army : do any of the mods you are running have a file the same ?

ie two mods both with a modified appearance.2da ? (this can be anyfile)

It is either what Jackel said or your system itself. ArmyAJ did this just happen all of a sudden, or is this an onging problem?
 Colma Adawin
07-02-2004, 6:45 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
It likely didn't work Matt because someone elses mod that you have, in your admitted 700+ files in override, probably used a different appearance.2da, upcrystals.2da, or an identical filename somewhere, and with over 370+ downloads and no complaints so far Matt, you probably did not install it correctly!
(No Offence Meant Matt! :D)

you may or may not have a point, but it doesn't matter now i've still got your Item mod working!!! :D and thats ALL i need, with the exception of the other mods. hehe

MattCole
 Colma Adawin
07-02-2004, 8:36 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk

@ Everyone who read this

Right i meant no offence nor any disrespect to the mod or its maker (RedHawke) i have no problem with either of them.

RedHawke, i sincerly appoligse for any disrespect or offence towards you or your mod. please accept my humble apoligy.

MattCole

PS it was only my game that the mod didn't work on and i'm the only one to have this problem.
 Darth333
07-02-2004, 9:41 AM
You could verify the original mod packages and compare them to see if there are files with the same name. That is very likely. If you use the Revan white RObes and another reskin mod, then you probably have at least an appearance.2da file conflict.

Other question: did you try to make an early single class jedi pc with KSE?

Other thing: what .utc files do you have in your override folder?

I suggest you always keep a backup of your save games in the future.
 ArmyAJ
07-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Yes I can start a new game with the mods, but as soon as it would load to a new area it would crash and no there are no duplicate files in there.
 Darth333
07-03-2004, 11:41 AM
What about this:
Other question: did you try to make an early single class jedi pc with KSE?
Can you give us the exact names of the mods you are trying to combine - as long as you don't have 500+ mods - ? (including their author names + link if possible).
 ArmyAJ
07-03-2004, 4:17 PM
lol, no I don't have 500+ mods, actually I only have 3 mods - 20 files.

g_a_mstrrobe08.uti
PMHC01.tga
PMHC01d.tga
PMHC01d1.tga
PMHC01d2.tga
PMHC01d3.tga
PO_pmhc1.tga
PO_PMHC1d.tga
PO_PMHC1d1.tga
PO_PMHC1d2.tga
PO_PMHC1d3.tga
CM_ManUn.tga
Rev_w_lghtsbr99.uti
iw_lghtsbr_099.tga
w_lghtsbr_099.mdl
w_lghtsbr_099.mdx
w_lsabreRev01.tga
w_lsabreRev01.txi
w_ShortSbr_0S9.tga
w_ShortSbr_0S9.txi
 Jackel
07-03-2004, 9:43 PM
What i can suggest is taking out all files belonging to one mod , trying to play the game , if it crashes put that lot back , move out another lot , try again etc etc

IE take out Revans saber

(Rev_w_lghtsbr99.uti
iw_lghtsbr_099.tga
w_lghtsbr_099.mdl
w_lghtsbr_099.mdx)

Load up try a new game , see if you crash

Also where did you get the Files
w_ShortSbr_0S9.tga
w_ShortSbr_0S9.txi

They dont look like they belong to any of the mods there ..
 ArmyAJ
07-03-2004, 11:24 PM
It's a Saber Hilt mod I got from Sepritho.
Page: 1 of 1