Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Scaling Help?

Page: 1 of 1
 VonCrappre
07-01-2004, 6:30 PM
How hard is it to make a scaling script? does anyone know if there are any out there that I can put into JKA like drag and drop, or is it alot harder than that?
 Codja X
07-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Do you mean start the game scale X amount of times or to dynamically scale in game?

If you want the model scaled just X amount of times, you can either add the line "scale 2" to scale it by two times in that particular .npc file.

I think you can also do it in the misc_model entity - add the line _modelscale as an entity key. For npc's you may have to use scale as an entity key

As for dynamic scaling.... You'll have to ask someone else:)
 VonCrappre
07-02-2004, 3:28 PM
Yes, thank you. I forgot to say that I was asking about model scaling, player & NPC. So I have to add an entity? I'm not sure what that is. I'm not a coder really at all, except that I get in all the .dat files, sabs, .skins. and customize those to suit & that doesnt qualify as codeing,no... I'm a character & object modeler. So, with the scaling, to a beginner-level coder, how does one go about adding this entity? It's not as simple as placing the modelscale.cfg in the base, or is it? I mean after you input the modelscale entity? I greatly appreciate the help.
 Codja X
07-02-2004, 3:59 PM
I think it's as simple as adding your npc in radiant, opening up the entity properties window and add a "scale" key.

The value for the key determines the amount of scaling done on the npc.

Check out this thread on www.map-center.com)

http://www.map-center.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1304&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)
 VonCrappre
07-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Is there a way I could get the Player-Model Scaling script into another mod that didnt already have it? like say, for instance, allow it to work with JKA pure & simple, patched? or Open Jedi Project mod? I tried copying the Modelscale.cfg from the JA+MOD into the OJP folder but it didnt resize the model. Don't all the mods basically use the TCK(or whatever its called) scale script? isnt it basically free to use? I was just wondering how to implement it, cause I'd like to see my models their realistic sizes.
 Slider744
07-06-2004, 6:23 PM
Page: 1 of 1