Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MD3 to GLM

Page: 1 of 1
 DeathKnight
07-01-2004, 2:36 AM
I was wondering how you can convert a md3 (Quake 3) to a glm (JKA). I tried using the md3View from one of Raven's Tools, but there are many md3s in a Quake 3 model. There are about 6 md3 files and about 4 or 5 .skin files too. If anyone knows please reply.
 CortoCG
07-03-2004, 4:43 PM
There's not automated or straightforward way to convert quake 3 models to jedi academy models. The process of character models creation completely different.
 Scarlett
07-11-2004, 7:13 PM
As long as you don't intend to have a skeleton for the model, it is very straight forward. You're doing it correctly, DeathKnight, but in order to convert to Ghoul2 the MD3 can only have one frame in it (as an md3View error message should say when you try it)... so, obviously, if you're trying to convert an existing MD3 you'll need to modify it.
 CMC
08-05-2004, 10:23 PM
ok thanks, (friend's account). I was wondering is there any other program for modelling besides 3ds max that can export XSI, because I have 3ds max 6, but there aren't any XSI importers/exporters that actually work. Could Milkshape do the job?
 Lil Killa
08-05-2004, 10:37 PM
XSI might work :)

http://www.softimage.com/home/)

There is a free version you can d/l somewhere on that site.

I saw someone messing wth it not too long ago around here. It should be possible to make a JA model in it and export but I have yet to see it.
 CMC
08-06-2004, 10:23 AM
k, thanks, i'll try it out. Do you mean the tryout for the program, or some XSI plugins, because I think I've been to this site before, and i saw a few XSI plugins, but i wasn't sure if they were 3dsmax 6. o_O the XSI 3.0 is free!! :D, should I use that one, or the trail for 4.0? -_- minimum resolution 1280x1024....... I only have 1024x768, will it still work? Hey Corto, one question, which version of Softimage XSI do you have, because in one post i saw that you said you used Softimage.
Page: 1 of 1