Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Scumm Revisited Help

Page: 1 of 1
 JofaGuht
06-30-2004, 3:27 AM
I just got this thing...surprisingly simple and fun. I finally got the Grim Fandango tunes that I wanted that weren't on the soundtrack. Except the music that played during the cutscenes. How do I get that? Is it even possible? Do I needn't worry because I can pick them up from some site somewhere? Please help.
 Thrik
06-30-2004, 2:22 PM
Unfortunately, the cutscene music is mixed with the voices and such which play over them, so it is not possible to extract just the music from them. I'm fairly certain that they weren't released seperately either. :(
 Sallim
07-05-2004, 6:19 AM
you could record them, and try out some voice removal tools.

Edit:

Lol I tested it right now..and it works suprisly great..The quality is bad, and its mono..but check out youself.

THESE are cutscenes audio files from GF and they contain spoilers!

I used the winamp 2 dsp effect / plugin "voice removal"

The plugin is "Nullsoft DSP Effects Plug-in 0.35 for Winamp 2"

The "lola scene " bgm is pretty amazing without the voice.

But check out yourself..

gf_cs.mp3 (www.sal4.de/new/gf_cs.mp3) original

gf_cs_vr.mp3 (www.sal4.de/new/gf_cs_vr.mp3) voice removal

Both are about 3,5 mb big :)

I take a look after a newer version of this plugin

dsp_ns.ace (http://www.sal4.de/new/dsp_ns.ace)

I noticed it works much better if you use wave files instead of comprimised mp3s

( the files will be up in about an hour, so one hour later after I reply ;)

Arthur
 VampireNaomi
07-05-2004, 8:30 AM
Hey, that sounded really great. I didn't even know that doing that was possible.
 NiKo
07-30-2004, 8:04 AM
thats amazing!
say, how do you rip off the cutscene audio though? cause i only manage to rip the gameplay audio.
 Sallim
07-30-2004, 8:37 AM
Like it told before, its like this.
Record with a wave tool ( I prefer Goldwave!)
Important to say is, that you have to check at your sound card settings "Record" -> " What you here"

But I think you knew that ;)

Then just record your favo scene, save the wav and start it with winmap + dsp plugin. Set under "preferences" the "voice removal" and play the wave, thats it. But the quality is bad though ;(
And of course no stereo ( thats how this trick works )

Ps. Greetings to Israel from Germany ^_^
Page: 1 of 1