Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Supporting OJP

Page: 1 of 2
 razorace
06-29-2004, 7:13 PM
I know several people have mentioned that they want to help with OJP but can't mod. Here's a partial list of things that people that can't/won't mod can do to help the project:

Documentation - We can always have someone go over the OJP documentation and clean it up, proofread it, etc.
Public Relations - This would include updating the news on the OJP website, forward important info to the news sites, getting the releases out to the file servers, etc.
Servers - This means both servers that we have direct control over and JKA servers in general. Getting people to actually play the mod online would be great. I'll admit that I've been lacking in this department, primarily because my prefectionist nature makes me want to hold stuff before we do official compiles. I'll resolve to make more official/linux compiles if people come forward with the servers.

Ideally, I'd like to have at least one beta server each for Basic/Enhanced. If you're actually willing to financially support the project (putting your money where your mouth is). This would be the way to do it. I'm not so hot on the server admining so you could still have control over the server. I and the rest of the OJP would just want to have the ability to tinker with settings and such for testing purposes.
Packaging - Having someone to make regular packages of the source code and binaries would make the releases occur smoother and more often.

The overall point here is to help us with the project. Time we end up spending on the above means less time actually spent modding.
 90SK
11-13-2004, 1:07 PM
Well, I can't give you any help with the project, but I can give you moral support. Keep up the great work! :D
 Vouksh
11-19-2004, 6:49 AM
Im working on redoing the melee animations. i wasn't sure where to post this. im gonna try to make it more martial-art like. the current ani's suck BAD! that was one of many places lucas arts let us down. tho im kinda glad cuz it gives us sumthin to do :)
 razorace
11-19-2004, 7:05 AM
Uh, ok. I think Keshire has already created a new/improved animation set, it just hasn't been implimented yet. I suggest you coordinate with him.
 keshire
11-22-2004, 7:56 PM
I'm more than willing to hand over my work on the subject. keshire_the_chaotic@hotmail.com
 Kurgan
01-26-2005, 9:54 PM
I could proofread some of the docs sometime, but for now I'm hosting an OJP Basic (beta 7) test server with SIEGE. It's really cool and fun, plus it has the added benefit of letting me see the mod in action and test it for ya. ; )
 Nemo222
01-05-2006, 1:09 PM
OJP ALL THE WAY. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
 IrishDragon
01-09-2006, 7:48 PM
I'm willing to give OJP a test run on my siege server. Where might I find a .cfg set to be most like baseJKA siege?

65.99.207.147:29070
....................AoF Inferno

www.aof-clan.net)

(MSN) connecticutman18@hotmail.com
(AIM) connecticutman19

Hit me up ^_^
 razorace
01-09-2006, 8:57 PM
You shouldn't have to change any settings. Just run it like you normally do.
 JRHockney*
01-10-2006, 4:47 PM
I made a thread on the MovieBattles offtopic forum a few days ago letting people know about OJP Enhanced v0.0.3. It's gotten a few responses, but I would recommend that people who like it here post at that thread and keep it fairly recent so more people there will know about it. MB is a great place to find JA players who like altered saber systems.
 razorace
01-13-2006, 3:10 AM
I'm willing to give OJP a test run on my siege server. Where might I find a .cfg set to be most like baseJKA siege?
Your server doesn't appear to be running OJP yet. Did you need/want a sample server .cfg?
 IrishDragon
01-16-2006, 11:59 PM
Yes, that would be excellent thank you.

As close to base settings as possible ^_^
 razorace
01-17-2006, 12:35 AM
You get the config then?
 IrishDragon
01-17-2006, 3:30 AM
No I need it
 Cruiser X
01-20-2006, 3:35 PM
Heeyy... I haven't heard anything about this on the AoF forums... What are you up to ID? If there's anything I can do, count me in.
 razorace
01-20-2006, 8:51 PM
Ok, ID didn't I email you my sample config? If not, just PM me your email address and I can send it to you.
 JRHockney*
01-20-2006, 9:52 PM
I just posted another thread at the MB site for Enhanced 0.0.5. Hopefully this will bring in some more players. Be sure to post there you keep it recent.
 The Antilles
02-02-2006, 2:30 PM
I would be will to start up a new ojp server, being i have been thinking about do this anyway. So Razor it will be all yours to play with. but this is not for a month or so
 The Antilles
02-02-2006, 2:32 PM
That and i would like to be for basic kinda like how meatgrinder was last year
 Lathain Valtiel
02-02-2006, 2:57 PM
Antilles... as in the Hun?
 The Antilles
02-02-2006, 3:12 PM
As in the Hun, is correct.
 razorace
02-02-2006, 3:39 PM
Like how meatgrinder was last year? Wha?
 The Antilles
02-02-2006, 4:25 PM
more jm more ctf more killing, because that is what i belive makes meatgrinder better then all the other servers out there
 razorace
02-02-2006, 5:03 PM
I see.

What are we mainly doing right now? I thought we're currently on Lath's cycle.
 The Antilles
02-02-2006, 5:10 PM
I belive 1 holo 1 jm 1tffa 1ctf and 1 ffa oh yea and 3 seiges. But what happend to the days of 3 of all the above? I miss thoughs days. And I know im not the only one.
 The Antilles
02-02-2006, 5:20 PM
But then I haven't seen lath in a while. So I don't know acutally I haven't seen any admin in a while. Where are you guys?????? Do we need more admins up in there??????oh yea im a gangstar.
 Lathain Valtiel
02-02-2006, 6:20 PM
More like 4 ctf, 3 siege, I think 3 FFA, 1 TFFA, 1 JM.

May want to log onto the server by the way. Kron is there.
 razorace
02-02-2006, 8:10 PM
I've been down with the flu all week. And before that I've been spending most of my time with Enhanced rather than Basic.
 The Antilles
02-03-2006, 10:43 AM
sorry to hear that hope you feel better soon. Bottom line is in about a month i should be able to supply a new server for testing ojp. Both basic and enhanced. If i did this though I would like to run it like meatgrinder mostly basic but also enhanced on different days.
 Kurgan
02-03-2006, 1:17 PM
Sounds cool Antilles. I hope that doesn't mean you won't stop by Meatgrinder now and then for laughs though. ;) But that'd be awesome!

I've you're not over it yet Raz, get well soon!

PS: What's the point of having just 1 map of a gametype in a cycle? People just start getting warmed up into it and then it's over. So don't have just 1 TFFA, make it 2, or 2 JM, etc. Unless we're purely testing it running with bots and don't care if people join or not... I realize you may be thinking, "we'll just make the unpopular gametypes go by fast so people can skip them easier" but that also means those of us who do want to play them get gipped. Just a thought... ;)
 The Antilles
02-03-2006, 1:39 PM
meatgrinder is always number 1 in my heart. In fact, the 2nd one I would hope would be kinda like it. you know if the grinder is boring, you can go to that one. In fact I would hope that everyone that runs the grinder would want to help run it and admin it and stuff. My only problem with the grinder lately is the fact that you can't get the gametypes you want. You know like only 1jm stuff like that. And the lack of admins anymore where has lath been and cannoli? I think you might want to get a couple more. But that is just my thoughts.
 razorace
02-03-2006, 4:20 PM
Unfortunately, JM is pretty unpopular, and it tends to clear the server out fast. As such, when I've been in charge of the map cycle, I've tried to set it up so that the unpopular gametypes are sandwiched between popular gametypes.

As for the inability to change gametypes, is nextmap voting not enabled on the server? In theory you could just nextmap vote until you got to the desired gametype.
 The Antilles
02-03-2006, 4:53 PM
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYY i hate noobs JM is the best. But then noobs hate me so i guess i cant complain
 Vruki Salet
02-03-2006, 5:15 PM
BTW sorry for such a noob question but what *is* the jedi master gametype? Oh and while we're at it what's "asteroids" in the context of the JK games? Any relationship to the old asteroids arcade game?
 The Antilles
02-03-2006, 5:28 PM
Jedi Master is the best its everyone vs. the person with the lightsaber who will have all the force powers and a saber. Everyone else has no force and just weapons. So the idea is kill the master and get the saber then kill till your killed. Its really fun when you get the hang of it and you have people that know how to play it playing with you.
 razorace
02-03-2006, 5:42 PM
Actually, Asteriods isn't a true gametype. It's just a bunch of improvements/fixes that one of the programmers at Raven helped create to make the space fighter combat be useable.
 Vruki Salet
02-03-2006, 7:56 PM
Well asteroids sounds cool but i've never seen JKA space combat so where can i get it?

Oh and thanks antilles. JMt sounds good too.
 Kurgan
02-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Unfortunately, JM is pretty unpopular, and it tends to clear the server out fast. As such, when I've been in charge of the map cycle, I've tried to set it up so that the unpopular gametypes are sandwiched between popular gametypes.

Bah, that's only true when noobs are around (so they don't know how to play or get trashed by Lath, Antilles, Cannoli or myself). They haven't played this gametype and are just waiting for their ONE favorite gametype. Granted, Siege is always #1 (and it rocks), but c'mon. The unpopular gametypes need testing anyways, so you know you want that, don't ya? ;) In any case, we can't really do them justice to just have ONE map of a certain gametype. You need at least two, back to back. If people don't want to join, no big deal. Their loss...

As for the inability to change gametypes, is nextmap voting not enabled on the server? In theory you could just nextmap vote until you got to the desired gametype.

I thought it was, but then voting always seems to have been a bit glitchy with OJP. It may be that they can't use limited voting options unless they're running the client side mod as well. Though I could be wrong... Otherwise I agree. People need not drop.

As for Asteroids, you can get it here (http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=464). Well worth it!

And now OJP should work with it just great!

(that reminds me, I need to add Asteroids Mod to my downloads page (http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/downloads.shtml)!)

It was created with the help of Raven Software's Mike Gummelt. Basically he just used a few community folks to finish up some stuff that was left out of JA due to time constraints (the mod includes documentation with full credits for those interested, it was a fun project to be a part of, even if in a small way!). It has a Team FFA map where you can dogfight in an asteroid field (the teams are Rebels vs. Imperials) and an ENHANCED version of Siege Destroyer (released as a bare bones map awhile before Asteroids came out), which incorporates the better vehicle handling, new vehicles, and greater balance with regards to shields/health/damage. Plus it had some bug fixes and some pretty new hangars (with reflective floors!). ;)
 Kurgan
02-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Jedi Master is the best its everyone vs. the person with the lightsaber who will have all the force powers and a saber. Everyone else has no force and just weapons. So the idea is kill the master and get the saber then kill till your killed. Its really fun when you get the hang of it and you have people that know how to play it playing with you.

Indeed it is awesome, fun, and challenging! You don't get drain or absorb, but otherwise the Jedi is pretty danged powerful if he knows what he's doing. Some of our regulars are pretty darn good at JM and I don't stand a chance against them once they get goin'! ;)

I would point out that Jedi Master, like Holocron and CTY were originally featured in Jedi Outcast, and thanks to RazorAce, are now successfully ported for the JA maps (and bonus maps)! Actually, I think JM works on ANY map, automagically... I wish the same were true of Holocron!
 Vruki Salet
02-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks I got asteroids & will try it later tomight or tomorrow. I think my son's gonna like this one. Or everyone in fact. When I used to run a naboo hills server all people ever wanted to do was fly around.
 razorace
02-04-2006, 2:42 AM
I thought it was, but then voting always seems to have been a bit glitchy with OJP. It may be that they can't use limited voting options unless they're running the client side mod as well. Though I could be wrong... Otherwise I agree. People need not drop.
Well, if it's off there's no way we can test it. :) According to my to-do list, there's currently no items associated with the voting.

As for the unpopular gametypes, I think we're beating a dead horse if we do two maps in a row. It just results in the server being empty and unused for a long period of time.
 Kurgan
02-04-2006, 9:10 AM
Well then why have it at all? If "nobody" is going to show up, why waste our time?

I feel the second map gives a "break in" period to give people a chance to get used to it and try it out. But oh well... ;)
 Lathain Valtiel
02-04-2006, 1:19 PM
You CAN nextmap vote. It's annoyed me to no end when someone spams it though.
 razorace
02-04-2006, 5:38 PM
Well then why have it at all? If "nobody" is going to show up, why waste our time?

I feel the second map gives a "break in" period to give people a chance to get used to it and try it out. But oh well... ;)

Well, people seem to be willing to "stick with it" if the unpopular gametypes are over quickly (hince the 20 timelimit) and immediately followed by something more popular.
 =|TGW|=Dys
02-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Just found out about this mod by randomly going thru the files on pcgamemods and this mod looks nice.
Been looking for a similar mod to put on our duelserver for the clan i'm in (=|TGW|=). I'll try to convince the other members to get this and try it out.
I myself am not a huge fan of JA+ for duels but this seems to be what i'm looking for, looks pretty realistic.
In the meantime, Can someone give me an ip of a server wich uses this mod, cuz i only found one earlier.

~Dys~
 Vruki Salet
02-05-2006, 1:29 AM
There's an OJP enhanced beta server at 65.99.207.41 at least sometimes and I read that Tokakeke has an ojp server 72.36.250.36.
 JRHockney*
02-05-2006, 1:49 AM
Just found out about this mod by randomly going thru the files on pcgamemods and this mod looks nice.
Been looking for a similar mod to put on our duelserver for the clan i'm in (=|TGW|=). I'll try to convince the other members to get this and try it out.
I myself am not a huge fan of JA+ for duels but this seems to be what i'm looking for, looks pretty realistic.
In the meantime, Can someone give me an ip of a server wich uses this mod, cuz i only found one earlier.

~Dys~

At the moment, there is really only Tokakeke's server and the meatgrinder server on fridays that play OJP Enhanced (basically the ones that Vruki Salet mentioned). The fact that you might want to use your clans server to run it is great and it might at more server traffic for this mod in general. Although it is still in the beta and experiemental stages it really is an awsome and more realistic saber system.

If you want to meet up sometime and try out the sabersystem with a living person, put down a time to meet at the scheduling thread.
 =|TGW|=Dys
02-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Aye, found that server and a few clanmembers downloaded the mod aswell so were gonna have a go with it there.
 JRHockney*
02-05-2006, 1:46 PM
Aye, found that server and a few clanmembers downloaded the mod aswell so were gonna have a go with it there.

Cool, be sure that all of you read about the cahanges to the saber system in the Enhanced chages notepad or you'll have a had time figureing out what youre doing. Be sure to post any comments or suggestions you might have at this forum after you trying it. Feedback is good.
 JRHockney*
02-07-2006, 6:44 PM
I just posted another thread about OJP Enhanced 0.0.6 on the off topic section of the Movie Battles forum. It seems to work pretty well for getting people interested so, same drill as usual; post stuff there if you can to answer questions and keep it recent.

.....................GO ENHANCED!!!
Page: 1 of 2