Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EMI Model Viewer 0.5beta released

Page: 1 of 1
 john_doe
06-29-2004, 4:14 PM
Hi there,

finally there with animation support.

Download from here:
http://gamefileformats.the-underdogs.org/files/emv-0.5beta.zip)

Comments appreciated. :)
 James Isaac
07-02-2004, 2:15 PM
That tool is amazing :D I love it. All the information at the side, the way you can view the skeleton, the way you can move the camera, the way the models look so clean.... it's great :D

But here are my suggestions:

1) Make the zooming and scrolling a bit more controllable
2) Make it work with Grim Fandango models
3) Make a texture viewer/extractor
4) The option to move the camera while the animation is paused or while viewing a mesh
5) Keep up the good work :)
 Sanctus
02-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Are there any chanses that U might do a 3ds exporter(or smd, I have a plugin to open them :D)
 john_doe
02-17-2006, 5:10 AM
Currently I'm not working on a converter but it's possible I'll write one when I have time. I don't know if it's going to be an 3ds exporter or some other format, though.
 James Isaac
02-18-2006, 4:11 AM
if you did create a converter, would it be a lot of extra work to make it work with Grim Fandango models? Or are the model formats in EMI and GF very different?

Sorry I keep asking if you could extend the tool to Grim Fandango models, but i'm helping with a Grim Fandango Half-Life 2 mod, and it would be a lot easier for our modellers if they had refrences of the original GF models (either 2D screenshots from the mode viewers, or 3D exported models) to work around in Maya :).
 john_doe
02-18-2006, 7:40 AM
The EMI and GF models are of completely different formats. I think I still have the source code to my newer GF model viewer around somewhere. I'll try to find it, maybe there's something I can do with it.
 counting_pine
02-18-2006, 6:05 PM
You treat your fans well : )
 James Isaac
02-19-2006, 4:49 AM
The EMI and GF models are of completely different formats. I think I still have the source code to my newer GF model viewer around somewhere. I'll try to find it, maybe there's something I can do with it.

That would be awesome if you do :). Thanks for considering it!
 Darnn
02-21-2006, 4:24 AM
You spoil us, John!
 john_doe
02-23-2006, 2:50 AM
I found the code I was talking about. It already works with the models I tested it with but without textures. I'll try to add this. Also, there's some animation support but it's kinda broken atm.
 ThunderPeel2001
03-04-2006, 8:16 PM
It'd be amazing to be able to mess with Grim Fandango's models! It'd be equally amazing to be able to retexture them with higher quality images! Whether or not these two are actually possible, I don't know. But I'm sure it would be a wonderful thing if the fans could breathe a little extra life into GF!
 Grendor
08-30-2008, 3:41 PM
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but where can one get the EMI model viewer? The link is dead.
Page: 1 of 1