Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need help with Photoshop

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_ToMeR
06-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Someone knows how to gett effect like HK-47 in this pic? http://www.pcgamemods.com/acore/3448/5609/h1.jpg)
 Achilles
06-26-2004, 5:07 PM
You mean the camoflage? There used to be a tutorial in the "so you want to mod" sticky, but it appears to be broken. If you want, I can email it to you, or if you were looking to camo a specific item, you may find that it's already been done.

Let me know.
 svцsh
06-27-2004, 1:57 AM
Ok search for camo texture images in any search engine once you find a good one
Save it open it up in Photoshop hit ctrl + a (select all ) now go to > Edit drop down and chose > define pattern now load up good old hk :D copy his layer take the layer copy and desaturate it shift + ctrl + u now at the bottom of the layers pallet you see a little > f button In a circle aka (layer effects). Click it and only check on the > pattern overlay second to last option. Where you see the thumbnail of the bubbles click next to it and scroll to the bottom, your new camo pattern should be the last one there.

Chose it and if you haven’t already move the effects window off to the side so you can see your work area, but still be able to manipulate the effects options. Try different blending modes. Try Overlay first as this might be what will suite you the best. Multiply is good as well but usually you get very dark results. Screen will give you verry light results. Luminosity all the way at the bottom will desaturate the image on the fly so if it’s still green and you want gray camo try that or desaturate before defining your pattern.

You can play with scale of the pattern as well over the image, this is helpful In getting the right look. One more thing, any thing you do in effects is not set in stone so it’s not like other filters you can turn on every effect on one layer or all the layers if you wish and play with there settings all of then can be turned off by un checking the box to the left of each name and toned down by using the sliders and opacity .

I hope this helps

svцsh
 Darth_ToMeR
06-27-2004, 1:04 PM
Thanks Svosh!
 svцsh
06-27-2004, 3:29 PM
No problem Darth_ToMeR I hope this helped you. :)

If you have any more questions, I’ll be happy to assist.

svцsh
Page: 1 of 1