Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Map Script Help!

Page: 1 of 1
 RedHawke
06-25-2004, 2:15 AM
Is there a KOTOR script command to detect how many star maps have been found by the PC, and then run if it is over a certain amount, like say 3 star maps, or exit out of the script if it is less than that?
 Lorden Darkblade
06-25-2004, 9:11 PM
Mate I think I should apologize for the trouble you are having with that script :p
I believe I'm the one that gave you that trouble with the idea of my Lightsaber right?
Well if not possible then just make it findable with some NPC in Korriban after talking the right words with him.
If you want me to explain better or give other ideas just PM me.
 Darth333
06-25-2004, 9:54 PM
You can check k_qa.nss to get the global numbers for the planets and the star maps.
Then, depending on what you want to do, make a script that will contain something like this :
(the content of the script may vary depending on what you want to do. This one can be attached to the active filed of a dlg file to make a reply available or not.

int StartingConditional()
{
int nStar = GetGlobalNumber("K_STAR_MAP");

if (nStar==30)
{
return TRUE;
}
return FALSE;
}

I you want an event to occur after the discovery of the 3rd star map you could make a script that starts with:
void main()
{
int nStar = GetGlobalNumber("K_STAR_MAP");

if (nStar==30)
{
do something
}
}
 tk102
06-25-2004, 11:34 PM
Star Map
The global number is:
K_STAR_MAP
States:
0 - No maps activated
10 - 1st Map Activated (Dantooine)
20 - 2nd Map Activated
30 - 3rd Map Activated
40 - 4th Map Activated - Captured by the Leviathan
50 - 5th Map Activated
*/

from k_qa.nss
 RedHawke
06-26-2004, 12:53 AM
Darth333 it worked like a charm! :D And TK102 thanks for the info as well.

Hmm... k_qa.nss, I would have never guessed. Again, thank you both for answering! :D
Page: 1 of 1