Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need more help with dialogs

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_ToMeR
06-24-2004, 9:23 AM
OK, i add the Trandoshan sound. But i have another problem. In some dialogs, the NPC talk one line, and after it more line, without the PC say anything. How can i make it to my dialog?
 tk102
06-24-2004, 10:16 AM
Put a blank dialog in the ReplyList that points back to an Entry in its EntriesList.

In this Example: your NPC would say "Hello." Then "I'm Darth Tomer."

EntryList
-> 0
-> Resref: -1
-> Text: Hello.
-> RepliesList
-> Index: 0
-> 1
-> Text: I'm Darth Tomer.

ReplyList
-> 0
-> Text:
-> EntriesList
-> Index: 1
 Darth_ToMeR
06-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Thanks!!!
 StormTrooper789
06-24-2004, 11:16 AM
If u need a simpler dialog editing interference then get Dlgedit. It is better than the GFF Editor.
 Darth_ToMeR
06-24-2004, 11:49 AM
The problem it that dlgedit doesn't work correctly on my PC. It's because i have non-english computer. Once it "killed" my dialog when i test it on it. tk, can you check this?
 Darth333
06-24-2004, 7:53 PM
Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR
The problem it that dlgedit doesn't work correctly on my PC. It's because i have non-english computer. Once it "killed" my dialog when i test it on it. tk, can you check this?
I had the same problem but tk took care of that sometime ago. BTW, he released a new version today. check pcgamemods. :)
If not, you can use gff editor : add the reference to the VO_resREf field (human voices) or the Sound field (alian voices such as trandoshan). The bad thing about gff is that you can't see what being said by the npcs: you have to know the exact entry\reply number (you can check it with KT however: just press crtl + double click) :)
Page: 1 of 1