Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Using custom textures on custom items and finding lightsaber item icons with KT

Page: 1 of 1
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-21-2004, 4:39 AM
Umm, I'm creating two custom items and I have two not-custom problems:

First of all, I can't find the iw_lghtsbr[designated number] files, which are the item icons that appear in the inventory.

Then there's the problem number two, how can I use these textures on custom items. I have a custom robe and a custom texture for the custom robe. Is it just a matter of renaming, if my robe's designation is g_w_jedirobe10, does it mean I just have to put the texture name g_w_jedirobe10?

PLEASE HELP! PLEASE!
 Jackel
06-21-2004, 4:53 AM
for the iw_lghtsbr005 etc pics go to

erfs / texture packs / swpc_tex_gui

for the renaming thing , yep : if your texture variance is say 7 then the icon needs to be 7

and cut your sig down man , its frickin' huge! i dont want to read three pages of stuff baout something im not interested in , its annoying , sigs should not be longer then most posts made on a forum
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-21-2004, 5:48 AM
Thanks Jackel

And about the sig, don't scroll the mouse on it and it doesn't matter, go around, not over!

And Drog's got a big sig too! Hmm... Big sig.... It's a rhyme!
 Mav
06-21-2004, 5:57 AM
your uti does not need to be named anything in particular it could be named "pooperscooper" and it would still work what does need to match is this.... if you are doing a robe than your texture file needs to be named PMBI XX for males and PFBI XX for females.. ie:

P = ??? dunno but it needs to be there..lol
M = male and F = female
B = body... i presume
I = robe for armors this varies from A-H and then I are the jedi robes and J is for the revan robes and star forge robes
XX = the texturevariation number

the XX of your texture file needs to match the texture variation number in you .uit file. So if your texture variation number is 10 than your male robe texture file needs to be named PMBI10 and your female robe texture file needs to be named PFBI10, however your .uti file can be named whatever you want it to be whether it be "g_w_jedirobe10" or "Applejacks" ....lol is up to you it really doesn't matter except that if you cheat to get the item remember that it is " giveitem uti file" so if your .uti is g_w_jedirobe10 than you type in "giveitem g_w_jedirobe10" if your .uti file is named applejacks than you type in "giveitem applejacks"

Hope this helps you out,
Mav
 RedHawke
06-21-2004, 6:03 AM
Originally posted by PrtyLizardJedi
Thanks Jackel

And about the sig, don't scroll the mouse on it and it doesn't matter, go around, not over!

And Drog's got a big sig too! Hmm... Big sig.... It's a rhyme!

Drog's Sig;

The Selkath are amphibious humanoids with sleek, hydrodynamic bodies and a throaty, guttural language. They are at home in the depths of the sea, but can just as easily survive on the surface thanks to concealed gill slits that draw oxygen from either water or air. Their long hands are tipped in poisonous claws, but in the same way the Wookiees of Kashyyyk refrain from using their retractable claws, Selkath consider their poison to be socially unacceptable to use in a fight. Only a maddened or enraged Selkath might consider such a thing, even if enslaved by a brutish thug or provoked by a foolish tourist.

Your [PrtyLizardJedi] Sig;

Among the galaxy's most fearsome species, Trandoshans are large, threatening reptilians from the planet Trandosha (or Dosha). Trandoshans are physically powerful, very difficult to injure, and capable of recovering quickly from even the most serious injuries. Like many reptiles, Trandoshans hatch from eggs and have thick, scaly skin. Their three-fingered hands are armed with sharp claws, which can be deadly weapons in combat. They also have supersensitive eyes that can see into the infrared range.

Trandoshans live in a warlike society that honors hunting above all else. In fact, Trandoshans worship a female deity known as the Scorekeeper, who awards "jagannath points" to her followers based on successful kills. The number of jagannath points a Trandoshan accumulates supposedly determines his or her position in the afterlife.

Many Trandoshans channel their society's values into roles as bounty hunters, soldiers, or rangers. A handful of the most violent and immoral Trandoshans serve the Empire as slavers who target other species, including Wookiees. But, Trandoshans are also independent and may rebel against their culture. A scientifically-minded Trandoshan might become a peaceful "hunter," working as a xenobiologist who merely tracks and studies other creatures. Even on Dosha, Trandoshan society relies on its own engineers, merchants, and even farmers.

Trandoshans are widely distrusted throughout the galaxy, in part because of their frightening appearance. And, in fact, many Trandoshans are gruff, unpredictable, and even dangerous. They rarely form long-lasting emotional bonds, even with other Trandoshans, and may be more likely to join forces with others for personal gain rather than friendship. But those who have allied themselves with Trandoshans are always impressed by the species' uncanny fortitude, unflagging resolve, and unshakeable calm even in the face of certain death.

Thats a LOT bigger than Drog's and Drog is stretching it a bit with his. A signature is supposed to be a favorite quote or something short(er).

PrtyLizardJedi it's nothing personal man, I'm just trying to point out to you that Jackel has a valid point.
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-21-2004, 6:10 AM
:( Ok, I'll delete it **sniff** *wanders off*
 Mav
06-21-2004, 6:16 AM
Okay okay we get it you like your sig, but did you read my post because I believe that is what you are looking for.
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-21-2004, 6:20 AM
And then for problemos!

Am I correct?
I have a custom icon for my new Robe, and it will work if I name it g_w_mstrrobe10, as the item is aquired by cheats with g_w_mstrrobe10. Am I correct?

Problemo 2!
Where are the saber hilt tga.s?

Am I correct?
Saber naming is the same as with robes, but what about the saber blades?
 RedHawke
06-21-2004, 6:33 AM
And then for problemos!

Am I correct?
I have a custom icon for my new Robe, and it will work if I name it g_w_mstrrobe10, as the item is aquired by cheats with g_w_mstrrobe10. Am I correct?

Problemo 2!

Am I correct?

You would have to name the robe icon ia_mstrrobe010.tga if you used the Jedi Master Robe base item the texture should be named as Mav pointed out above PMBI10.tga for Male, PFBI10.tga for Female.

The giveitem code works with whatever you put in the TemplateResRef field you do not have to follow the same naming conventions as the game does, as Mav also pointed out above. :D

The saber hilt .tga's should be somewhere in;

ERFs / Texturepacks / swpc_tex_tpa

The saber question? Could you elaborate further?

Do you mean you want to know what directs the saber model to project what saber color?
 Mav
06-21-2004, 6:33 AM
Am I correct?

RedHawke is right

Problemo 2!

ERF's >>> TexturePacks >>> swpc_tex_tpa.erf >>> w_Lghtsbr_001

Am I correct?

saber blade colors need to be named w_lsabrexxxxXX the xxxx refers to yelo or gren or blue or whatever you want the XX is a number usually 02 or 03 but you can put it as whatever you want just remember to edit the .mdl file to match
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-21-2004, 6:46 AM
Does that mean that if my saber must be w_lsabre10 to work
 RedHawke
06-21-2004, 7:00 AM
Does that mean that if my saber must be w_lsabre10 to work

Sounds to me like you are confusing the items name with what you have to name the textures.

The name of the .uti file does not really matter it is the baseitem and texturevar for all worn items, robes, masks, etc. and the baseitem and modelvar for sabers, blasters, etc.

That texturevar number you assign denotes how you will have to name the texture .tga files. If you use a 10 then you will have to name your robe textures as I stated above.

Is your new Jedi robe based off of a Master Robe one of the g_a_mstrrobe0X robes, if so make sure the texturevar is set to 10 and name it whatever you want, the baseitem denotes what it is, not its .uti name.

The templateresref and tag need only be whatever you want them to be, just make them both the same. You can put whatever you want in them, and just be sure to save the .uti as the same as the templateresref and tag.

With sabers the modelvar denotes what textures are used as well as icons etc. The saber model contains the information of what texture .tga it uses and the blade color .tga files as well. All this is changed with a hex editor.

I hope this helps! :D
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-21-2004, 7:35 AM
Damn right it helped! Thanks!
 RedHawke
06-21-2004, 7:39 AM
Damn right it helped! Thanks!

You are welcome. :D
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-21-2004, 7:51 AM
Oops! Where do I get a hex editor?
 RedHawke
06-21-2004, 7:58 AM
Oops! Where do I get a hex editor?

Use any search engine and type in Hex Editor, you should get tons of links, I use XVI32 myself.
 Prime
06-21-2004, 7:10 PM
Oops! Where do I get a hex editor? Isn't there onw listed in the Tools and Downloads thread? I can't remember but I thought there was one listed there...
 Darth333
06-21-2004, 7:14 PM
No it's not there so i added a link in my sticky: Guide for the Newbie blah blah blah...
 tk102
06-21-2004, 7:25 PM
There's no beating Hex Workshop for Hex Editors.

http://www.bpsoft.com/)
 Arlen Treesong
06-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by tk102

Werd, it's the first I ever tried back in the day and the only one I ever stuck with. much <3
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-22-2004, 5:15 AM
Originally posted by tk102

'tis free, the download I mean. Right?
 Doom_Dealer
06-22-2004, 5:34 AM
'tis free, the download I mean. Right?

well try downloading it and you'll see.
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-22-2004, 5:36 AM
Ha ha, veeeeeeeeeeeeery funny, rabbit boy
Page: 1 of 1