Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

appearance.2da file?

Page: 1 of 1
 JT3
06-20-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm trying to use the Revan's Redemption robes mod, but I can't seem to find that blasted file to add the couple lines it requires to make it work. I have KotOR Tool, and I have the .Net Framework, I just can't figure out where it is.....could someone help a newbie out please? :D

<edit> I tried to follow the instructions from Darth333 up at the top in the 'Stuck' thread, and that didn't help either. Can someone explain what to do in step-by-step terms in simple words so the st00pid newbie (me) can understand? ;) </edit>
 Mono_Giganto
06-20-2004, 1:58 PM
Well, first, I think the mod comes with an appearance.2da file. If not, then you can look in KT under BIFs-2da-Appearance.2da (I believe that's right.) Then just follow the readme.
 JT3
06-20-2004, 2:21 PM
Alright, it looks like you were right, I misunderstood the instructions. Would anyone care to tell me how to 'paste' a row with the 2da editor in KotOR tool? It says that I'm supposed to do that in the instructions, but I can't seem to figure out how to for the life of me. :confused:
 Achilles
06-20-2004, 4:43 PM
Originally posted by JT3
Alright, it looks like you were right, I misunderstood the instructions. Would anyone care to tell me how to 'paste' a row with the 2da editor in KotOR tool? It says that I'm supposed to do that in the instructions, but I can't seem to figure out how to for the life of me. :confused:

Right-click in the leftmost column and select Copy Row then go to the other file and right-click in the leftmost column again and select Insert Copied Row.
 Malak369
06-21-2004, 12:21 PM
...or you could just highlight it all, hit ctrl+c, then make a new row and hit ctrl+v
 JT3
06-27-2004, 3:04 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
Right-click in the leftmost column and select Copy Row then go to the other file and right-click in the leftmost column again and select Insert Copied Row.

Other file? :confused:
 Achilles
06-27-2004, 3:08 AM
Originally posted by JT3
Other file? :confused:

I was assuming (don't know why now) that you were trying to copy an entry from one modified Appearance.2da into another modified Appearance.2da.
 JT3
06-27-2004, 3:16 AM
That's okay, I figured out how to do it anyway. :D But oddly enough, despite what it says in the Readme, the lines that it said to add are already there at the bottom. Perhaps he needs to update the readme? :confused: Does anyone who's used this mod know if there's supposed to be some dialog changes....it says there are with Vandar....but I can't seem to find any. :confused:

<edit>Arrg, nevermind, I just figured it out, it's Zhar, not Vandar. :p
 Darth333
06-27-2004, 3:24 AM
Originally posted by JT3
That's okay, I figured out how to do it anyway. :D But oddly enough, despite what it says in the Readme, the lines that it said to add are already there at the bottom. Perhaps he needs to update the readme? :confused: Does anyone who's used this mod know if there's supposed to be some dialog changes....it says there are with Vandar....but I can't seem to find any. :confused:

Yes, there was an included appearance.2da file with the mod but some people already have mods that use this file so in order to avoid conflicts, the author, svцsh, added a tutorial on how to edit your own .2da file so you can customize it as you wish.
 svцsh
06-27-2004, 3:48 AM
Arrg, nevermind, I just figured it out, it's Zhar, not Vandar.:p

Actually keep going there is more :D

this is copied straight from my readme

But why cheat? When I have recruited the best master scripter to help me Darth333!
just talk to Master Zhar about Revan and Malak during your trials.

And the second one’s a surprise.

FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE MAKE SURE YOUR SUBTITLES ARE ON FOR YOUR STAY ON DANTOOINE

apperence.2da included for those that do not already have one
If you do, there is detailed instructions to install PLEASE read it

svцsh
Page: 1 of 1