Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Radiant Prob

Page: 1 of 1
 epikon
06-20-2004, 5:19 AM
http://www.boomspeed.com/0sid0/radiant.jpg)

Look at the 3d view i cant see the texture on it, any help would be nice, and ive tried reinstalling radiant, thanks in advance
 *Dark
06-20-2004, 5:29 AM
you migth have the textures hidden. try view -> filter and see what is ticked
 mslaf
06-20-2004, 5:34 AM
1. Buggy, unsupported opengl drivers may cause this. What graphic card do you have? I'm afraid that something like Intel 845... won't work with this editor.

2. Have you tried this:

Wire frame mode:
http://www.mslaf.com/tutorials/radiant-hit1.jpeg)

Texture mode:
http://www.mslaf.com/tutorials/radiant-hit2.jpeg)
 epikon
06-20-2004, 5:54 AM
for the first one i have none of them ticked. My graphic card is radeon 9200. And how do i get that toolbar up so i can choose wireframe or texture mode.
 Codja X
06-20-2004, 5:54 AM
I had this when I 1st installed 1.4 of Radiant. I think might be to do with the paths in the project settings. If you're not pointing Radiant to your game folder then it's not going to find the textures.

I apologise in advance if you've already checked this and am coming across as a patronising old fool:)
 epikon
06-20-2004, 5:57 AM
nope isnt that as my textures load, thanks anyway.
 Codja X
06-20-2004, 6:12 AM
Fair Nuff:)

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? That seemed to work. Make sure you completely uninstall all previous versions of radiant 1st as well.
 epikon
06-20-2004, 6:24 AM
done that, looks like i cant make any maps for JA anymore :(
 Codja X
06-20-2004, 6:37 AM
Have you ever managed to get the 3d view in Radiant working on a previous version?

If you have, try using that version and downloading the latest entities.def and set the paths up to point to your JA folder. Not as simple, but it should do the trick.

I was creating maps for JA using this method for months before the latest version of radiant came out. Just remember to use the latest compile tools.
 epikon
06-20-2004, 7:14 AM
i had got 1.4 working, but havent used it for a long time. Ive just recently started using it again a few days ago and had this prob. This is starting to annoy me now. 1.3 has the same problem ::mad:
 Codja X
06-20-2004, 7:32 AM
Originally posted by The5ID
for the first one i have none of them ticked. My graphic card is radeon 9200. And how do i get that toolbar up so i can choose wireframe or texture mode.

I think it's under the textures menu, under render. A Radeon 5200 should be easily capable of handling upto trilinear, but you may want to consider rolling the driver back a month or two to when the 3d view was working properly last.
 epikon
06-20-2004, 7:52 AM
ive rolled them back and it works. Thanks so much all especially Codja X, i thought i was forced to start modelling :(, expect some maps from me soon :)
 Codja X
06-20-2004, 8:05 AM
Good, yet bizarre news. I would have though that later drivers would iron out problems like this, but there you are.

If you are reading this and write drivers for ATI, please get them fixed. The stress you've caused this poor boy!

Can you post the version of the driver you *were* using and the version you rolled back to, so other people with the same problem can get it sorted quickly?
 epikon
06-20-2004, 8:30 AM
erm well i had the newest one as im a pro call of duty player in the UK (in leagues and cups etc). The ones i rolled back to were the ones in december. ATI Radeon family.
 Codja X
06-20-2004, 10:17 AM
This thread:

http://66.90.64.18/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125242)

is sticky and deals with problems in Radiant.

If you jot down the problem, the resolution, the date of driver causing problems, the date of driver that fixes the problem and the version of Radiant, you'd be doing the community a MASSIVE favour.

The more we can help, the higher the quality of produce, as it were.
 Jedi_Vogel
06-22-2004, 5:52 AM
Originally posted by The5ID
i thought i was forced to start modelling :(

Oh crumbs, that IS bad...:lol:
Page: 1 of 1