Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I have some ideas...........

Page: 1 of 1
 WoLFF
06-18-2004, 10:37 PM
One thing is a brand new lightsaber, idk if this has been mention before but basically i was thinkin that the lightsaber would be in the shape of a capital T, except the the - on the T would be longer, and the | would either be shorter or the same size..........

basically it would be like a Double lightsaber (like the on Darth Maul used) but in the middle there would be another saber as well.......

also u could add things like light daggers and such, and also extend the saber colors like black, white, brown, etc.........

you could also have the color of skin be changed as well, on all the characters on the creation screen, and possibly more clothing options, like a hood, or cape, or a combination........

idk if this is possible, but just some ideas.......

i was also thinking that you could add a seperate section which allows you to play multiplayer characters in 1 player mode, like Desann or Tavion, just choose him/her from the creation screen.........
 Dbl90
06-19-2004, 3:14 AM
Here is my opinion on the matter, I'll list my responses to your ideas one by one:

For the "T" lightsaber: There is a reason these don't exist. It isn't realy too hard to see...simply there is less control, and you realy can't do moch with them. The potential for inflicting self injury is great. For this reason it would probably be a real pain to find decent moves and then I don't think it would be very fun to animate...

In terms of making more "Light Weapons" the real issue is demand. Like every thread I post in I'm going to refer back to a mod I played in JK. The mod was very buggy, but apart from that it was all light weapons...it wasn't that great. People are stubborn and don't like changing from a lightsaber to a weird light axe..... Also, I realy don't see a point in making more "Light Weapons". The issue is that people pretty much have everything they want. A short saber isn't realy in demand, because a shorter weapon is a disadvantage, and even as a second parrying blade, it woudln't help parrying and a parrying blade would be like having two sabers. Having a light spear isn't too important because there is a light staff....Light axes arn't realy that popular....I realy don't see a point...

In terms of colors and skins. All that is asthetics and there realy is a great wealth of that on the internet. Coloration isn't that hard to do yourself. OJP seems to be more focus on coding and animating....getting all that stuff down first is what is planned and then it is easy enough to make skins, or search the web for skins we like and ask for permition to include them in OJP, and of course see if OJP wants them. I'm not quite sure about skin coloration on the SP charecter creation menu, but it easy to add skins to the SP charecter creation screen....

In terms of ideas of my own, I would like to see a possibly sidways or diagonal (going forward) roll...also..I'm not a fan of the swimming animation in JA..

Dbl90 out :ben:
 Samuel Dravis
06-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by WoLFF
One thing is a brand new lightsaber, idk if this has been mention before but basically i was thinkin that the lightsaber would be in the shape of a capital T, except the the - on the T would be longer, and the | would either be shorter or the same size..........

basically it would be like a Double lightsaber (like the on Darth Maul used) but in the middle there would be another saber as well.......

also u could add things like light daggers and such, and also extend the saber colors like black, white, brown, etc......... Ok, I think that's been done before (you can probably get it at JK3files.com), but it's never going to get in to OJP, simply because 1) Never in the movies, 2) Incredibly unrealistic, 3) OJP is most likely not about to make new sabers types for people to play around with, as it would be too much effort for too little gain (and probably a lot of frustration on the user's part). That's what the other modders in the community are for. ;) If I were you, I'd either ask in the Requests forum for something like that, or see if it's already been done, and if not, try to make it yourself. As for extending the saber colors, it's been done - there's an RGB slider in the OJP menu for that purpose.
you could also have the color of skin be changed as well, on all the characters on the creation screen, and possibly more clothing options, like a hood, or cape, or a combination........

idk if this is possible, but just some ideas....... Skin color is already available to change via an RGB slider. More clothing combinations are skins and models, there's already been some work done on that. If you want to help out, make some and submit them to the OJP moderators.

i was also thinking that you could add a seperate section which allows you to play multiplayer characters in 1 player mode, like Desann or Tavion, just choose him/her from the creation screen......... Maybe, although that probably wouldn't be high on the list of things to do, since people can already use the playermodel and playerteam commands to achieve the same effect.
 WoLFF
06-19-2004, 6:55 PM
would changing your heigth and girth be possible?.........
 razorace
06-19-2004, 11:24 PM
yep. In fact, several mods already have "model scaling"
 WoLFF
06-20-2004, 3:26 AM
nice, any links? or sites at the least?....
 WoLFF
06-20-2004, 3:27 AM
btw, whomever mentioned that u could use the RGB on the sabers is wrong, well i think so, cuz i have the MOD with the RGB and i cnt modify the color of any of the sabers.........
 Samuel Dravis
06-20-2004, 8:11 AM
I don't think it's in a release yet, but the work has been done.

OJP RGB lightsabers readme (http://ojp.jediknight.net/OJP_rgbsabers.txt)
 keshire
06-20-2004, 8:16 AM
Yes it is. And I'll say its nice too. I don't recall if its in basic but I know for a fact its in Enhanced.
 WoLFF
06-20-2004, 2:31 PM
im confused, so its released? could i get a link or site to where it is plz?.........
 razorace
06-20-2004, 3:21 PM
it's on both. It's on any of the beta releases that are on the OJP website (ojp.jediknight.net).
 Samuel Dravis
06-20-2004, 7:33 PM
Ok, sorry for the confusion. :)
Page: 1 of 1