Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Any of you got any good strats and tips for rooks

Page: 1 of 1
 Hockey_Beast
10-02-2001, 5:20 AM
I played AOE 2 TC and AOK but Deathmatch. I think I am going to play RM in this game, if that is what it is called :D. Yeah but any of you think you can help me with my game and what are some key things to do early.
Thanks
 EndSub
10-02-2001, 7:26 AM
BUILD ALOT OF WORKERS!

Heaps of workers = good economy, good economy = good militery, good militery means you kick ass :)

this is the golden rule.....follow it and you will be laying waste in no time....

the other golden rule is not to mess around.....don't leave the rune capture to late.....don't have any idle workers......

get Vets (no not the animal ones, the ones that are good at the game :p ) to send you records.....you can learn alot from them :)

don't build towers around the runes! (because if you do, I will hunt you down and make you pay :mad: :mad: :mad: )

ummm.....that about does it for me :)
 porkins14
10-02-2001, 1:04 PM
Make sure you scout! The biggest mistake newbies make is not scouting. Last night i played a newb who let me march about 30 units across the map before noticing. That should be impossible. If he scouted, he could have built towers in plenty of time. Also, I always try to be creating units the whole entire time. For example, I try to get two troop centers before upping to tech 2, so while I am upgrading, I can spit out troopers. And power cores are extremely effective
 Tie Guy
10-02-2001, 3:54 PM
Also, when you go scouting, put all the nerfs you find in an Animal Nursery, theis gives you a continual stream of food. the more you have, the more you get.
 Thrawn
10-02-2001, 4:20 PM
Another tips is make sure that you know what a tech does before researching it! Reseach the best techs first! For example, if your workers aren't gathering fast enough, get the tech that they can carry more, not the line of sight upgrade! :D
 Eets
10-02-2001, 4:22 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Also, when you go scouting, put all the nerfs you find in an Animal Nursery, theis gives you a continual stream of food. the more you have, the more you get.

And put a power core next to the nursery, that makes it produce food a heckuva lot faster!
 Young David
10-02-2001, 5:10 PM
The Rules for play by YD :)

Rule#1
Ecomony is one of the most important parts of the game. Have a lot of workers and make sure you have them on the right recources. You don't want to have to wait 5 minutes before you can build another unit (I've found that carbon is very important)

Rule#2
Altough economy is important, you should not wait too long building an army. Strike at an enemy before he strikes at you. And because economy is the most important part of the game, strike at his economy (see rule#1). Don't play simcity, control the whole map ... not just your hometown.

Rule#3
Build another base if neccery. Don't walk halfway the map with an whole army. Build a new town near your enemy so that you are on top of the action.

Rule#4
Upgrade. Don't underesemate the importance of upgrading. But upgrade accordingly to your stratagie. Don't upgrade units you don't or barely use, it's a waste of recources.

Rule#4
Play, and play a lot. Record your games (ask the host to check that option) and study your enemy if he beats you like ... (fill in a mean word). GB.com should host recorded games too (they have it in their menu). See what you enemie does and learn from it. (I have an example of a recorded game between me and Endsub if you like)
 Hockey_Beast
10-02-2001, 6:15 PM
My email is HCKYGOLE@aol.com if you could send it to me :D.
Thx
 Lord JayVizIon
10-03-2001, 12:22 PM
i got another one for you, DEFENSIVE SCOUTING!

try not to let your scout get killed, and scout often for resources. one you think you've found enough, scout your enemy and see what he's up to!

for example, kvan, johnnobunaga, and i had a heck of a game last nite! i scouted often and saw some of kvan and john's tricks. kvan and i wound up losing b/c john was able to hold the monument til the very end. however, kvan boasted a serious air force that took some workers of mine. i scouted some areas and built another base protected by missile turrets and towers as a defense for my workers and their economy. kvan never really bothered me with his air force again:D.

anyhow, my point is that not only can you look for resources, but you can also set up choke points if you know where your enemy is. however, do not do a tower rush, that's a very cheap move. but scout to know how to defend your city and logically have an idea of where your foe might attack. if he's going for the economic boom, you can also rush before your foe has set up a military!

ps... i had that game! (35 tie fighters and jedi coming in for the kill!!!!!!!):mad:
 Drakeon
10-03-2001, 2:07 PM
why does everyone use air when there so easy to kill?
 Tie Guy
10-03-2001, 3:47 PM
i don't know, i just take a few AA troopers and no air can harm me.

Personally, i use alot of bounty hunters and mech destroyers complemented by Darktroopers and Sith. I've beaten down entire armies while only loosing 5 or 6 of my own guys.
Page: 1 of 1