Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Having a NPC Recruit Issue

Page: 1 of 1
 BigGuy219
06-15-2004, 3:01 PM
Hello. I'm new to tinkering around with KotOR. The mods that interest me the most are the ones where you recruit NPCs into your party. I'm particularly a fan of the mod where you can recruit Yuthura and the mod where you can recruit Lashowe and Mekel, though why anyone would want Mekel is beyond me. :)

I've done some reading on tinkering with the game, as well as studying the scripts they used and I have managed to be able to recruit any NPC, at any point of the game, into my party.

However, they will not follow another party member. Whenever I select my PC the new NPC simply stands still. Is there something in the UTC file or in another file I have to modify to get them to stop doing their default standing still and instead follow me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Darth333
06-15-2004, 3:20 PM
Ok , you'll have to edit the utc file with a gff editor to adjust your new npcs behaviour. First, make sure the FactioID is set to 2 (party member), then go down the list of fields. You should see some "script" fields.
replace the k_def_blahblah entries by k_hen_blahblah as follows in these fields:

ScriptAttacked --> k_hen_attacked01
ScriptDamaged --> k_hen_damage01
ScriptDialogue --> k_hen_dialogue01
ScriptEndRound --> k_hen_combend01
ScriptHeartbeat --> k_hen_heartbt01
ScriptonBlocked -->k_hen_blocked01
ScriptonNotice --> k_hen_percept01
ScriptSpawn --> k_hen_spawn01

Then, simply delete the entries from the other script fields (example scriptdeath field)

Those entries refer to scripts that determine the behaviour of the npcs. The k_hen_ scripts are for party members.
 BigGuy219
06-15-2004, 4:08 PM
Thank you very much for your assistance, Darth333. Everything is now running very smoothly.

Has anyone identified what each entry in the UTC file signifies? I've searched several times in this forum and others, but I've never seen any information on editing UTC files.

I'm particularly interested in how to remove the feat "Proficiency All" that seems to be part of every NPC. Additionally, is the character name located in the UTC file or elsewhere?
 Darth333
06-15-2004, 4:13 PM
Originally posted by BigGuy219

Thank you very much for your assistance, Darth333. Everything is now running very smoothly.

Has anyone identified what each entry in the UTC file signifies? I've searched several times in this forum and others, but I've never seen any information on editing UTC files.

I'm particularly interested in how to remove the feat "Proficiency All" that seems to be part of every NPC. Additionally, is the character name located in the UTC file or elsewhere?

Glad I could help out :)

You will find what you are looking for at this site: http://nwn.bioware.com/developers/)
 tk102
06-15-2004, 4:24 PM
To remove Proficiency All:

Open the .utc in GFF Editor:

Browse to:
-> FeatList

Each item in this list is a Struct of type 1. Within each struct is a single WORD value labeled 'Feat'. Look at each Struct's 'Feat' value. When you find one with a value of 93, delete the struct from the FeatList.

Save the .utc in your override.
Page: 1 of 1