Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is there some new saber hack utility out or something?(Modder/Admin Alert!)

Page: 2 of 2
 Slider744
06-16-2004, 4:59 PM
well if you see any features from _debug mod that is working in linux versions
let me know, it will be for me with pleasure that i will correct it immedialty

but normally execpt i missed something, it should be just fine...

send me a message on my email if you find any problem
thanks for your time
 Nalukai
07-16-2004, 8:48 PM
yeah you can do all kinda of weird combos with the set saber move.... any move that causes you to pause at the end you can auto escape the freeze by hitting a bind of one of the debug move

my favorite combo with that is single saber side kick/lunge/saberbutt o-o
 Kurgan
07-16-2004, 9:12 PM
Don't post the actual commands please.

If you're right and "everybody knows them already" then there's no need.

But for now, just.... no.

Screw around with your cheats on your private server, and email the mod authors and tell 'em to fix their code up without the debug, if you want to make yourselves useful...
 acdcfanbill
07-16-2004, 9:53 PM
so, no one has this prob with basejka ? :rolleyes:
 Kurgan
07-17-2004, 8:40 AM
Apparently it's a simple matter of mods that forget to remove the "debug" functions when they compile.

Since that's all it seems to be, it shouldn't be a problem... except for those server admins who continue to (ignorantly) use the goofed up mods, leaving themselves open to exploit abuse.
 Tinny
10-20-2004, 7:37 PM
i'm a bit confused, Renagade and Slider, how do we fix this in our mods? Do we just remove all functions with the #ifdef _DEBUG and #endif things around them?
 razorace
10-21-2004, 2:17 AM
All you have to do is compile your public releases in "final" configuration instead of "debug" mode.
 Agen
10-21-2004, 8:36 AM
I've known about these from JA Reloaded 1.2 for a long time, many people know about it.

There is definately no need to block each debug command individually in a mod, releasing final builds should do the trick. I believe this is how Ja 1.4 has fixed it (It's definately fixed, play on a server that runs it).
 Kurgan
10-22-2004, 9:06 PM
Originally posted by razorace
All you have to do is compile your public releases in "final" configuration instead of "debug" mode.

An important lesson for all mod makers then it sounds like!

I'm moving this to General Editing for future reference.
Page: 2 of 2