Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Overriding all textures

Page: 1 of 1
 Xachariah
06-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Short Version: I want to unzip every texture from the game, and place it into the override folder, thus forcing the game to load from there. What programs could do this (the NWN tool does not keep extensions, and kotortools requires you to do each file individually)? Would I need to (or would it be possible to) preserve the texture*.erf tree structure within the override file? What would be the easiest way to go about doing this?

----------------------------------------------------
Now, technically, this is a request for troubleshooting from everyone. However, it requires the use of skills that most people would probably pick up in modding, not the help forum.

The problem I have is that I cannot view (most) textures at all. This means that I am completely blind in the game. Everything appears as if it were a big block of white. The worst part is that all text is just a block of blue (or yellow if I am selecting it)...that means no reading text. I have to listen to what they say, and guess what will be the correct response (Oh yeah, I am truly using the force).

This isn't too unusual for me, however. I am used to this in a LOT of my games. I run on a 500mhz with a 32 meg video card. I get about 5-15 frames per second, but I am able to deal with it. I am just happy that the game runs at all, after I got a list of problems a mile long from the swconfig.

The wierd thing is, is that some textures are actually able to be viewed. Those textures that I have placed in the override folder happen to actually show up, while all of those that exist in my textures*.erf files don't show up.

Case in point: I had just started the game for my third time, when decided to get some mods. I nabbed the Jules Windu lightsaber and Quel Droma (sp?) robes (Thank you very much Jules Windu and T7nowhere). However, to my suprise, I could actually view them in game!!! After downloading some other files, I found that those too could be viewable.

My goal now is to unpack ALL of the games texture files and move them to the override folder. So, I am asking for help and assistance in doing so.

Before image:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/745809/KotOR0000lowres.jpg)

After image:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/745809/KotOR0001lowres.jpg)

Fixxed images temporarily
 Doom_Dealer
06-12-2004, 10:52 AM
you'll need to use kotor tool (see downloads sticky)

but it would take absolutly ages, more than a few days, to extract them all, as you have to do it individually, theres no 'uberextractor'
lol, what a word

---edit---, ok ignore that, i didnt read the thread carefully enough, you already know about kotor tool. doh!
 Poggle
06-12-2004, 3:12 PM
Er the links at the bottom of dead
Page: 1 of 1