Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Free Rotation !

Page: 1 of 1
 lauser
06-11-2004, 6:44 PM
Okay if you don't know all the functions of Radiant by now...please get to know them all. There are some REALLY cool tools like the one I obviously missed called the FREE ROTATION button. It has blue arrows on it and looks like a funky version of the YIN and YANG symbol. Using this will turn your brush purple (default color). Then just drag it to whatever postion you want in ANY view.

CAUTION: Use this carefully! If you are not in the smallest grid size available you might end up getting an error or end up distorting the brush too much. So experiment with this tool.

If I had known about it earlier it would have saved ARBITRARY rotation about 50 times!! :mad:

SPELLING AGAIN!! :(
 Mercenary
06-11-2004, 6:56 PM
If you have to put something at an odd angle you can turn it into an .ase model and angle it the way you want with no distortion of brushes.
 wedge2211
06-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Free rotation can be a very fickle friend...I have found that it only works reliably on single brushes, preferably square ones, which makes it handy for crates but not much else. There's a complication of the free-rotate tool even then. I will put forth a challenge to you: Make 10 identical cube brushes, fit a square texture on all side of them, rotate them all some arbitrary amount, save the map, load it up again, and count how many boxes the textures remained lined up on.

Best, most accurate, never-fail way to rotate collections of brushes: ASE model-ify them.
 lauser
06-12-2004, 2:01 AM
Yeah I figured that one out in a hurry! :D
 WadeV1589
06-12-2004, 8:35 AM
One thing it can be used for is patch meshes, they store their coordinates differently and so don't distort if rotated.
 GothiX
06-12-2004, 2:34 PM
Complex geometry can be rotated, but not moved after that.
 zag
06-14-2004, 12:03 PM
i thought of you use free rotate on patches it brings up the brush not normal or whatever error?
i still use it though
Page: 1 of 1