Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ebon Hawk

Page: 1 of 1
 Lorden Darkblade
06-09-2004, 10:50 PM
What is the file and where do I find it to put items in the Metal Box in the Ebon Hawk?
I already have Kotor Tool and Roboius GFFEditor.

What I want to do is create a script or anything to the plant the items in the metal box.
but all the ones I find in the forum are offline the link to the scripts.

AND, what program to use to edit and create .ncs files?
The .nss are made with notepad but the .ncs how do I edit and/or create them?
 Lorden Darkblade
06-10-2004, 1:03 AM
Anyone?
Please I really want to do this so I dont have to use codes anymore.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Help me here guys!
I have no idea on how to do that and how to open the ncs files to create the script...
or If I dont need a script?
Just help please people!
 Doom_Dealer
06-10-2004, 1:00 PM
hmm, sorry for no responses, normally people get right back to you, anyway, try searching this forum abit more with the search tool, there was definatly a thread of how to do it.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-10-2004, 1:09 PM
There are several threads about this.
But all of them dont have the file to download anymore or on how to simply put an item to the ebon hawk.
 messkell
06-10-2004, 1:21 PM
ok, here is a generic ".nss" source code example.

attach the compiled script to a party members dialog file, such as missions ".dlg" file.

//:: ebonitems
/*
fill the ebon hawk containers with some items.
*/
//:: Copyright (c) 2002 Bioware Corp.

#include "k_inc_debug"

void main()
{

object oCont = GetObjectByTag("MetalBox");
object oCont1 = GetObjectByTag("PlstcCrt");

CreateItemOnObject("g_i_upgrade001",oCont);
CreateItemOnObject("g_i_upgrade002",oCont);
CreateItemOnObject("g_w_sbrcrstl13",oCont);

CreateItemOnObject("g_i_mask22",oCont1);
CreateItemOnObject("g1_i_belt001",oCont1);
CreateItemOnObject("g_a_mstrrobe01",oCont1);
}
 Darth333
06-10-2004, 1:41 PM
BTW, .ncs files are compiled scripts, you cannot do anything with them (apart decompiling to access limited information). You have to paste the script provided by messkell in notepad and save with a .nss extension.

Then to compile, you have to use HazardX's script compiler decompiler: http://www.megamods.de/_data/parts/dl.php?file=37)
Hope this helps :)
 Darth333
06-10-2004, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by waterhammer
TK102's Darkside Choker mod has that functionality and has the source code available inside. He attached it to Zaalbar's dialog and made it so it would only add the item once, rather than each time you talked to him.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/5271/)

Yes, using a variable will do it. The other way around is to attach the script to an existing dialog branch that is not repeated ;)
 Lorden Darkblade
06-10-2004, 2:35 PM
Ok, calm down now...
This will be my first script...
How do I attach that script to anyone dialogue?
And how I use that compiler? I double click and it opens a window then it closes I cant use it...
 tk102
06-10-2004, 2:53 PM
Hi there Reload2k,

If you're interested in firing scripts from dialogs, take a look at the readme file that comes with DLGEdit. There are two types of scripts that are used in dialogs: ones that start void main() and ones that start int StartingConditional().
The former is usually used for actions to take place when something is spoken. These scripts are placed in the Script field in an EntryList or ReplyList struct of the .dlg file.

The latter is used to determine whether or not a dialog option is available. These are placed in the Active field in a StartingList, EntriesList, or RepliesList struct.

Again, take a look at the readme for more information. For more in depth documentation see http://nwn.bioware.com/developers/Bioware_Aurora_Conversation_Format.pdf)

To use the compiler, simply launch it from a command line and it will display the syntax. Typically to compile use:
nwnnsscomp -v1.00 "scriptname.nss"
Output is scriptname.ncs (if successful ;))
 Lorden Darkblade
06-10-2004, 3:26 PM
Ok, I think I understood a bit more...
What I want to do is this, after I talk to Bastila or Zaalbar they say something that lets me find the items on the metalbox in the ebon hawk.
Now the second question is I have Straker's Sith Armada will it still work for Zaalbar?
Cuz he is "replaced" for Darth Malek.

another question: To where the scriptname.ncs goes?
I did this, I putted the compiler in the Mai KotOR Directory but I dont know where the compiled script goes...
I did all there is to do...
Here is the line:
"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\nwnnsscomp.exe" -v1.00 "k_zaal_putitems.nss"

Still I dont know where is the compiled script going to..
 Lorden Darkblade
06-10-2004, 6:02 PM
Aham, this is a bit of an urgency :(
Help please!
 Lorden Darkblade
06-10-2004, 8:47 PM
Originally posted by ReLoaD2K
What I want to do is this, after I talk to Bastila or Zaalbar they say something that lets me find the items on the metalbox in the ebon hawk.
Now the second question is I have Straker's Sith Armada will it still work for Zaalbar?

I did this, I putted the compiler in the Mai KotOR Directory but I dont know where the compiled script goes...
Here is the line:
"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\nwnnsscomp.exe" -v1.00 "k_zaal_putitems.nss"

Please!! I know I must be a PAIN but I just want to know where the compiled file is going to and the Sith Armada thing!
 Lorden Darkblade
06-10-2004, 10:51 PM

Here is the line:

Come one guys!
What I'm doing wrong with the compiler?!
 Darth333
06-10-2004, 11:37 PM
did you put you .nss file in the override folder? then the .ncs shoudl be there
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 12:41 AM
well I putted in the main kotor folder and it worked...
BUT the problem is that the item is not showing in the place!
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 12:55 AM
When I try to add items to the choker thing, it wont work!
No item appear at all not even the choker...
Can anyone post here an exmaple with the choker + anything else? look how i'm doing:

void main() {
object oContainer=GetObjectByTag("PlstcCrt");
CreateItemOnObject("g_i_frarmbnds51", oContainer);
CreateItemOnObject("g_a_mstrrobe0607", oContainer);
SetLocalBoolean(oContainer,3,TRUE);
}

what is wrong?
But with only the choker it works!
 tk102
06-11-2004, 12:57 AM
Assuming you're using the .nss that came with the Darkside Choker mod ---

Did you compile the .nss to an .ncs??

What is g_a_mstrrobe0607?
Do you mean g_a_mstrrobe06?
Do you mean g_a_mstrrobe07?

If you've placed the .ncs in the override folder, and you've initiated the dialog, you should find the item that you've refernced in the plastic container in back on the left.

Here's the code to add an Advanced Bio-Stabilizer Mask:

void main() {
CreateItemOnObject("g1_i_mask01", oContainer);
}

You must also never bump a thread this often. :tsk: There are a large number of newbies on this forum and you're setting a horrible precedent. Plus it makes veteran modders more likely to get fed up and move on. Try to figure some of these things out on your own first.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 1:03 AM
Well I'm sorry if I'm such a pain which I know that I'm.
But no one enters here to say anything...
And IF I add more things to be found when I go to the Plastic Container I dont find anything at all.

Another thing is that the compile thing only work if I put the .nss in the MAIN Kotor folder!
If I put on the Override nothing happens!
And I'm putting the compile thing in the kotor main folder.

But my main problem now is the item wont show thing!

EDIT: I tryied ur script and it didnt worked too....
I speak with Zaalbar but when I go to the plastioc cilinders there is nothing there....
Could you be forgeting something that will make only the choker appear?
 tk102
06-11-2004, 1:09 AM
Probably because you have an error in your CreateItemOnObject statement. Check the name of the .uti carefully. (also if it's a custom .uti, it must be in the override folder too)

Well I'm sorry if I'm such a pain which I know that I'm.
But no one enters here to say anything...
Don't be sorry ... just don't do it again. Remember that this forum does not have a fulltime support staff waiting to answer your question 24/7. Wait a day or two before bumping.
 tk102
06-11-2004, 1:14 AM
Check your PM mailbox.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 1:16 AM

I tryied ur script and it didnt worked too....
I speak with Zaalbar but when I go to the plastioc cilinders there is nothing there....
Could you be forgeting something that will make only the choker appear? [/B]
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 2:13 AM
Ok, dunno how but after I extracted again the original files and started again it worked.
Now another question, I use Straker's Sith Armada, what I have to do to make Ceia Ventress say the same dialog and start the script just like Zaalbar one?
I think I have to edit a .dlg file but I dont know how or what to edit.
I have the DLGEditor from tk102 that I downloaded from pcgamemods but what next?

PS.: And again folks sorry for being such a pain with this scripting issue. I got a lil desperate cuz I dont understand nothing about scripting.
 Colma Adawin
06-11-2004, 2:46 AM
PS.: And again folks sorry for being such a pain with this scripting issue. I got a lil desperate cuz I dont understand nothing about scripting.

dont worry about it we're all here to learn, some progressing farther than others, you for example i've heard nothing but good things about you and your modding. MattCole
 Darth333
06-11-2004, 9:44 AM
Ok, dunno how but after I extracted again the original files and started again it worked.
Now another question, I use Straker's Sith Armada, what I have to do to make Ceia Ventress say the same dialog and start the script just like Zaalbar one?
I think I have to edit a .dlg file but I dont know how or what to edit.

I don't remember what dlg file is attached to Ceia Ventress but you can check that easily: open the utc file for Ceia Ventress with a gff editor. There is a field called conversation i think (i'm not sure of the name of the field. I don't have any utilites with me right now so I can't check) and make sure that it points to the name of the Zaalbar dlg file "k_hzaa_dialog". If not, just change it and save :)
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 4:19 PM
Ok, but if I change that, wont affect the MOD itself?
Is there anyway to make ceia say the same words that zaalbar did and have the same result?
The conversation field points to p_ceeia.
If anyone knows how to do this please explain in the most detailed way cuz I'm not very good at scripting/modding yet :p
but I'm trying to improve tho.
 Darth333
06-11-2004, 4:29 PM
I would have to check ceias' file and dialog to make sure of that. I can't do it right now because i don't have any utilities with me. I can check it when i get home in about 2 hours.
One thing is sure: if you point to the Zalbaar dlg, ceia will have a charming wookie voice unless the soundResRefs are removed :D
The other way around would be to add a line to ceia's dialog or just attach the script to an existing branch of the dialog using dlg edit. If you don't know how to do this, i suggest you start reading the readme that comes with DLGedit and then post what you don't understand.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 4:39 PM
I'l try to make it work, if it dont I'll get back to ya.
Which script should I attach to Ceeia dialog?
 Darth333
06-11-2004, 4:43 PM
OK, I've downloaded a gff editor and the Sith Armada mod to check the p_ceeiac.dlg. This is the dialog that she will speak once recruited and it has no scripts attached to it so if you replace it by k_hzaa_dialog it won't affect the mod, exept, as i mentionned that ceeia will have a wookie voice :D .
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 5:03 PM
Ok, I'm trying to do by myself.
I think it's done, I'll test now tho.

Result: It didnt work, now she wont talk with me.
What could I be doing wrong?

I made it work...
But the dialog option wont appear, I cant see the option to question her about the cargo hold.
 svцsh
06-11-2004, 5:31 PM
Are your subtitles on ReLoaD2K ? If not turn them on and try again, it might help. Under options > game play if I recall.

svцsh
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 5:38 PM
They are on svцsh.
Thanks for the tip anyway.
 tk102
06-11-2004, 6:00 PM
Reload2k,

In GFF Editor, open up k_hzaa_dialog. Browse to:
EntryList
-> 5
-> RepliesList
-> 8
-> Active

and delete the entry 'k_zaal_itemtlk' from that field.

Save it to your override and try again...
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 6:09 PM
Hi tk102.
I got a lil issue for ya, the k_zaal_putitems.ncs only work sometimes and the other times it wont work.
I'm now trying to make this work:

void main() {
CreateItemOnObject("g_i_implant308", oContainer);
CreateItemOnObject("g2_i_mask14", oContainer);
CreateItemOnObject("sith_gauntlet01", oContainer);
CreateItemOnObject("g2_i_frarmbnds02", oContainer);
CreateItemOnObject("sith_frarbnds1", oContainer);
CreateItemOnObject("sith_belt01", oContainer);
CreateItemOnObject("sith_sbrcrstl1", oContainer);
}

but it wont work...
I dont get what I'm doing wrong. But now I'm sure it has to do with this file.
 tk102
06-11-2004, 6:28 PM
The script function calls look fine. If you're now getting the dialog option, the script is firing.

Originally posted by tk102
Check the name of the .uti carefully. (also if it's a custom .uti, it must be in the override folder too)

Also see this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125847) thread for more techniques on debugging scripts.

You're close. I'm sure you'll get it.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 6:33 PM
One question, I have more then 1 item in the script, if 1 uti name is wrong all items wont appear?

EDIT:Another 2 things when I compile scripts I create 2 files, 1 .ncs and one .ndb.
Second, when I'm compiling the program closes very fast. I cant check if there are errors or not, is there a way to stop this?

EDIT2:I created a conversation but when Ceeia asnwer I cant see what she says it goes too fast! but the script is fired tho.

EDIT3: this is making me mad! This script works then it stops working! what can I be doing wrong? I have no clue!
The code is up there and all the .uti names are correct!
Sometimes it work then it simply stops working!
 tk102
06-11-2004, 7:16 PM
One question, I have more then 1 item in the script, if 1 uti name is wrong all items wont appear?I think that is the case. Try adding them one at a time if you're having problems.

when I compile scripts I create 2 files, 1 .ncs and one .ndb.
The .ndb is a debug file that is not useful to you, you can ignore it.
when I'm compiling the program closes very fast. I cant check if there are errors or not, is there a way to stop this?
As I mentioned in the PM, you should not run nwnnsscomp from Windows Explorer, but rather, run it from a command prompt. That way you can see any and all errors.

Edit: An alternative is to build a batch file that contains the following:
nwnnsscomp -v1.00 *.nss
pause
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 7:20 PM
The batch file is the _CompileAll.bat ?

OK, BIIIIIIIIG problem. the probelm is happening when I compile the things.
I took the original .nss and copiled and guess what! it didnt work!
Now what could I be doing wrong??
ANd I used the command prompt and it does not show any erros when compiling.

This is the line I use : nwnnsscomp -v1.00 *.nss
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 7:57 PM
Well this is not only for you to asnwer tk102.
I'm posting here in the hope of anyone know what is wrong with my compiler not EXACTLY for you.
I thought I could post here when I have more problems and/or sucess...
I guess I was wrong.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Sorry mate.. I exploded that last post... :( :( :(
Please forgive me....
Could you look the Dialog Problem post?
It has to do with you and Darth Straker.
Page: 1 of 1