Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

multiplay question

Page: 1 of 1
 General Theros
10-02-2001, 12:46 AM
here is the problem.....I live in one state with cable modem without a firewall....my brother lives in another state with a firewall.....we can't seem to get multi play to work.....is it because of his firewall or do we just not know what we are doing? Thanks!

General Theros
 DarkTrooper
10-02-2001, 12:47 AM
yes, it is because of your brother. My friend has the same problem
 General Theros
10-02-2001, 12:48 AM
In other words we are SOL because of his firewall? sigh......stupid firewall......sniffle......bleeeeehhhhhcckkk.....w here is a fire extinguisher when you need one!!!!!

General Theros
 Kvan
10-02-2001, 12:50 AM
Hey Theros, why not just ask him to take it down? :)
 General Theros
10-02-2001, 12:55 AM
sadly that is not possible.....because the firewall is made because of the wireless remote ......it acts as a firewall and to turn it off means he can't be on he'd have to plug in directly all the way downstairs....i guess if he plugged directly into the cable modem he'd be fine.......maybe I can get him to put the game on one of the other comps downstairs. sigh.....besides the parental unit who is in charge of the networking wouldn't be happy about taking the firewall down....he is careful about that stuff...maybe a bit too much....though i dunno...it could be justified. I'm rambling because I will be waiting for my roomie to get home before I can play multi play and by that time I'll probably be asleep!.....sigh............... oh well......it's life!!! :)

General Theros
 Kvan
10-02-2001, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by General Theros
sadly that is not possible.....because the firewall is made because of the wireless remote ......it acts as a firewall and to turn it off means he can't be on he'd have to plug in directly all the way downstairs....i guess if he plugged directly into the cable modem he'd be fine.......maybe I can get him to put the game on one of the other comps downstairs. sigh.....besides the parental unit who is in charge of the networking wouldn't be happy about taking the firewall down....he is careful about that stuff...maybe a bit too much....though i dunno...it could be justified. I'm rambling because I will be waiting for my roomie to get home before I can play multi play and by that time I'll probably be asleep!.....sigh............... oh well......it's life!!! :)

General Theros
Heheheheh....Well you could always play someone on the board. :)
Page: 1 of 1