Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

2 Sabers down 4 to go

Page: 2 of 2
 Mav
06-20-2004, 5:07 PM
thanks for all the positive feedback and I promise they will b eout soon all I am doing right now is typing out the "instructions" for RedHawke to know where to put them.
 RedHawke
06-21-2004, 12:21 AM
This is more suited to here than a PM to Mav as other inquiring minds want to know.

I got the zip Mav, and most things, saber placement wise, I think are do-able... :D

What were we talking about again?
 Lorden Darkblade
06-21-2004, 12:25 AM
When you think they will be ready?
 Mav
06-21-2004, 3:21 AM
@ RedHawke

I sent you a reply about the questions you needed answered and sorry about having to give you my custom upcrystals.2da.

@ ReLoaD2K

I know you are excited about the release as am I and I am hoping that it will be released with in the next few days.

@ everyone

Okay I probably know the answer to this already, but would you like me to include a upcrystals.2da file that has all the entries found with the holowan plug-in or do you just want instructions on how to add them to your current upcrystals.2da file? In other words I am pretty much just asking if I should make a new upcrystals.2da file and put it with the pack or just include instructions? or both, which I'll probably end up doing unless it's not necessary.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-21-2004, 3:34 AM
I vote for instructions only. :p
 RedHawke
06-21-2004, 5:11 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
@ RedHawke

I sent you a reply about the questions you needed answered and sorry about having to give you my custom upcrystals.2da.
@ everyone

Okay I probably know the answer to this already, but would you like me to include a upcrystals.2da file that has all the entries found with the holowan plug-in or do you just want instructions on how to add them to your current upcrystals.2da file? In other words I am pretty much just asking if I should make a new upcrystals.2da file and put it with the pack or just include instructions? or both, which I'll probably end up doing unless it's not necessary.

Mav, don't worry about it!

I already have the upcrystals.2da done that should be the one to ship with the mod. I emailed you about it as well. But also including instructions with a mod is always a good thing! :D
 Mav
06-21-2004, 5:36 AM
You are a hero RedHawke thanks for making that new upcrystals.2da file for me, so I guess I will be adding instructions then, well that was easy :D
 Mav
06-26-2004, 7:43 PM
Quick Update: Currently the pack is going through the testing stage, where RedHawke and I are making sure that the sabers appear where they are supposeed to, and that everything works, if all goes well the release should be anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks from now.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-26-2004, 7:56 PM
:D :D :D :D :D
Cant wait for those EITHER!!!
Kidding, take as long as you need.
I must say that first I thought I would only use my saber but now.. I think I'll use THEM ALL :D :D :) :p
 Ellderon
06-26-2004, 8:10 PM
WOW...... Maverick, you're da MAN!!!!

Excellent job! I wish I had time to give it a go at making one myself...

Say...could you do me one if it's not too much to ask?

I was thinking something like the guardian of the light, but a bit different.

AVENGER OF LIGHT

COLOUR: Light Blue

Hilt: Very long hilt(since it's two-handed), but allso something other sabers don't have...
A sword-hilt.. I mean those two winged-like strouts on the sides that most swords have...

Feats Required:
Jedi Defence

Restricted to: Light Side

Damage: Energy 4-32
Damage: Dark Side 4-24
DAMAGE: Droids 3-15
*Maby adda some more damage types..small ammounts*

OnHit: Stun (50% for 3 seconds)..maby something else too

+5 to Dexterity
+1 to Strength
+1 to Wisdom
SavingThrow: Will + 5

Critical Threat: better than normal sabers

Bonus Feats: Weapon Proficiency Lightsaber
Bonus Feats: Weapon Focus Lightsaber
Bonus Feats: Weapon Specialization Lightsaber

Bonus Feats: Power Attack
Bonus Feats: Improved Power Attack
Bonus Feats: Master Power Attack

Bonus Feats: Dueling
Bonus Feats: Improved Dueling
-----------------------------------------------------

if possible:
Bonus Feats: (That force power that protects against other force powers)
 Mono_Giganto
06-26-2004, 8:17 PM
BonusFeat: (That force power that protects against force powers)

Don't think weapons can grant force powers.... But they can grant attribute bonuses!

I got one!

GMoD Lightsaber Standard Issue (Don't ask me what GMoD stands for I won't say lol.)

2-16 damage like most sabers.

+2-8 Electrical

Blaster Bolt Deflection +3

On Hit:Stun 25% chance for 12 seconds

Critical Threat 17x20 +2-12

Blade Color-Just a kinda of blue-green (For this you could easily use hue and saturation)

Hilt Color-Dunno, light silver I guess lol.

I'd do this myself, in fact I've done it before, except the game freezes when I try to change the blade color.

Edit: Actually, Mav do you think you could just send me a saber .mdl with a blue green blade? If you could PM me with your email and I'll send you the blade color file. :D
 RedHawke
06-27-2004, 1:31 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
I got one!

GMoD Lightsaber Standard Issue (Don't ask me what GMoD stands for I won't say lol.)

I'll take a shot at this one,
GMoD = Golden Monkey(s) of Destruction
-or-
GMoD = Gigantic Monkey(s) of Destruction

Well Mono... am I close? :D
 Mav
06-27-2004, 5:24 AM
@ Ellderon

Ummm I guess that I could make your saber, but it wont be included with the saber pack that has already been made, instead it would just have to be a regular custom saber that would be released only as a saber that you have to use cheats for getting because I just think it is "easier" that way. Oh and as far as your "sword hilt" idea it sounds cool, but I can't do that because I can't edit models, perhaps someone like cchargin could help you with that, but before I see your hilt , I would like to see Count Dooku's curved hilt... :D

@ Mono_Giganto

Yea I'll be clad to make you the .mdl and .mdx files, but instead of just sending me the blade color I'm going to need you to send me all of the files that you have thus far for your saber, but I'll just PM you with what I need.
 Ellderon
06-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
[Bg Oh and as far as your "sword hilt" idea it sounds cool, but I can't do that because I can't edit models, perhaps someone like cchargin could help you with that, but before I see your hilt , I would like to see Count Dooku's curved hilt... :D
[/B]

Oh, dang!:(

Hmm...edit the models....Maby there i hope yet...I have to look into this...
 Ellderon
06-27-2004, 4:46 PM
Right...here's what I can do... I can do a 3D modle of the hilt...in any 3D format..

But I have no idea how to import it into the game... (or what the textures must be like).. Ben busy with modding other games and exams...
 RedHawke
06-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Ellderon
Right...here's what I can do... I can do a 3D modle of the hilt...in any 3D format..

But I have no idea how to import it into the game... (or what the textures must be like).. Ben busy with modding other games and exams...

I hate to burst your creative bubble there Ellderon but, I believe the only importable models right now are ones that do not have animations, and lightsabers have animation, the blade(s) extending and retracting.
:slsaber:
 En liten mus
06-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Iv ben reading this thread for a while and from wut i can see you work extremly fast...... :D

*sigh*....(a long pause)....i wish i could mod and create custom items...even exchange current items.... :( :(
 Mono_Giganto
06-28-2004, 4:53 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
I'll take a shot at this one,
GMoD = Golden Monkey(s) of Destruction
-or-
GMoD = Gigantic Monkey(s) of Destruction

Well Mono... am I close? :D

Quite close, Giant Monkeys of Doomness. :D

'I won't say.'

LoL who believes me when I say stuff.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-28-2004, 5:03 PM
Nice name tho :p
What color the blade will have huh? :D
 Mav
06-28-2004, 8:05 PM
Giant Monkeys of Doomness.....LOL you are always good for a laugh M_G.

Oh and by the way I've been busy with testing my saber pack, but I'll try to get you your saber files back as fast as I can.... in fact I suppose I will go and do that right now it shouldn't take me too long.

Mav
 RedHawke
06-29-2004, 2:32 AM
Quite close, Giant Monkeys of Doomness. :D

My suggestion is to go with; Gigantic Monkeys of Doomness

My rather skewed reasoning on this:
----------------------------------------------
Giant = Word that indicates something rather large. :atat:
Gigantic = Word that indicates something Freakin huge! :deathstar
 Colma Adawin
06-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Hey i've just looked a this thread after GLASTONBURY!! and to BOTH Maverick 187 and RedHawke, you should both be proud of your selves i can see this in one of T7nowhere's Holowan Plug-in!!! :D

MattCole
 Mono_Giganto
06-29-2004, 11:11 AM
LoL reload I'll post up a picture when mav sends it back to me. And mav, can I ask what program you use to edit the mdl files? Maybe that's my problem. Thanks by the way. :D
 Mav
06-29-2004, 4:34 PM
Mono_Giganto,

Did you get your saber files back yet? I am pretty sure that I sent them to you?

Anyway I'll post the link to where I downloaded my hex editor from when I find it, but I have no idea what it is named or anything.... lol. It is sweeeeeeeeeeeet though because it has a nifty find feature just like in you normal word processor.

Anyway I'll post the link here: AH HA it's Hexplorer (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hexplorer.html)

I'm pretty sure you can get it from there
 Mono_Giganto
06-29-2004, 4:40 PM
Lol there's my problem... I used wordpad as an editor... oops...

And I haven't gotten it, but apparently theres a problem with my email server, when everything's ok I'll let you know ok? For now let's check out this Editor...
 Mav
06-29-2004, 7:22 PM
well if you need me to send you the files again just let me know :D
 Lorden Darkblade
06-30-2004, 1:00 PM
WordPad?! LoL :p :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Just kidding Mono.
So, any newson the sabers?
You guys need help?
 Mav
06-30-2004, 2:28 PM
we are just testing the scripting and such of the placement of the sabers please be patient as this takes time. I will try to get done testing on Sunday, but that is my schedule, I don't know how busy RedHawke is. We are just trying to make sure that there is nothing wrong because the last thing we need is to release it and then have people start complaining so we have to go back and fix things.
 Mono_Giganto
06-30-2004, 3:21 PM
Hey Mav I got the files, it doesn't crash, but the blade is invisible, so I fooled around with it a bit and got it to work go me!

I also edited the mdl file so it wouldn't replace the MotF (what was I thinking?), hehe, it worked fine. :D
 Mav
06-30-2004, 8:17 PM
Glad to hear that it worked... invisible huh maybe I messed up the alpha channel or something I don't know I sort of did it in a rush, but glad to here it works
 Mono_Giganto
07-03-2004, 5:30 PM
Oh and as far as your "sword hilt" idea it sounds cool, but I can't do that because I can't edit models, perhaps someone like cchargin could help you with that, but before I see your hilt , I would like to see Count Dooku's curved hilt...

http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img8&image=icefireswords.jpg)

How was this done? o.O
 Mav
07-03-2004, 5:34 PM
where did you find that????

I don't know how that was done, but whoever made that better tell all of us RIGHT NOW......LOL
 Lorden Darkblade
07-03-2004, 5:34 PM
OMG!!!
Where you found that?
Who made it?
I want Count Dooku's Curved Hilt :D :D :D :D
 Mono_Giganto
07-03-2004, 5:35 PM
Screenshots for the Sake of Screenshots, Page 1
 Mav
07-03-2004, 5:37 PM
well in that case it should be MUCH too old of a pic to be "real" I mean that was way before cchargin even made the model importer/exporter that he has now. Maybe the picture was just edited...hmmm I don't know
 Lorden Darkblade
07-03-2004, 5:40 PM
Very weird.
Anyone know that guy? We have to ask him if he did that or if he just edited the photo.
 RedHawke
07-04-2004, 5:20 AM
^^^^^
The creator of that image dh-vug, definately edited the photo. They are 2 retouched longswords, image taken mid flourish, and then saber-ized.

Remember it is the Screenshots for the sake of Screenshots thread we are talking about here. :D
 Pennyroyal Tea
07-06-2004, 10:00 PM
i think it is easy enough to edit the bonuses that come with a saber, i have been doing it for a couple days and i believe anyone could pick it up, i think someone should design some lightsabers are visually pleasing, but have easily editable qualities, such as name, description and strength
just though that would make it easy for everyone to get what they want including, me, lol
thanks for listening
 Mav
07-07-2004, 1:01 AM
Originally posted by Pennyroyal Tea
i think it is easy enough to edit the bonuses that come with a saber, i have been doing it for a couple days and i believe anyone could pick it up, i think someone should design some lightsabers are visually pleasing, but have easily editable qualities, such as name, description and strength

On a personal note I really don't care if anyone tinkers with my mods at all, once you download them they are completely yours, but only for your own personal use, meaning that you can edit the .uti files all you want, or tinker with the blade color and hilt color (although if you can do that you should just make your own lol) as long as you don't re-release them without asking me. If you want though you can edit the properties all you want as long as you know what you are doing, because I know how to make my sabers my way, so if you tinker with them and they crash your game (highly unlikely) don't come crying to me lol.

I guess what I am trying to say is that, the best advice is to just take up modding for yourself, things like saber creation are really simple, it only gets complicated when it comes to scripting and such, things that fly right over my head that is why I asked RedHawke for help. Anyway just try and create your own blade color or your own hilt design and if you need help just ask.

Mav
 wingzro
07-07-2004, 2:58 AM
http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img8&image=icefireswords.jpg)

How was this done? o.O

could just alter the long sword texture couldn't you?
 Mav
07-07-2004, 3:41 AM
@ wingzro

that is probably what it was an edited picture of longswords, because we all know lightsaber models can't be put in the game unfortunately :(
 wingzro
07-07-2004, 3:51 AM
I didn't mean brushing over a screenshot. I meant adding some glow to the .tga file for the swords.
 Mav
07-07-2004, 4:25 AM
@ wingzro

That is also a possibilty although if you happen to come across a .tga file that does that to the long swords I'd like to have it...lol
 Pennyroyal Tea
07-07-2004, 9:33 AM
thanks mav, and i have startedmodding on my own using your upgradable saber guide as well as a guide from T7. But the icon for my saber comes out as a yellow block, and i can upgrade it, but my crystal has a grenade for its icon, if you could help me fix this and tell me how to edit blade color (which files are needed) it would be a great help. thank you again.
 Mav
07-07-2004, 3:56 PM
Originally posted by Pennyroyal Tea
thanks mav, and i have startedmodding on my own using your upgradable saber guide as well as a guide from T7. But the icon for my saber comes out as a yellow block, and i can upgrade it, but my crystal has a grenade for its icon, if you could help me fix this and tell me how to edit blade color (which files are needed) it would be a great help. thank you again.

If the icon from your saber is just a yellow block then you probably just need to edit the alpha channels in the.tga file. If you use Photoshop it will be very easy to do, just create a new alpha channel with black opacity about 25% and then just change what you want to show from black to white. ( I know it sounds confusing, I'm not the best person to explain photoshop...lol sorry )

I really don't know why your crystal has a grenade for an icon unless you extracted a greande picture and renamed it as a saber crystal picture. Just make sure that your .uti file has a modelvariation number above 22 (I think) and that your picture needs to be named iw_sbrcrstl_0XX to match that number.

As for blade color the files you need specificly for blade color are the actual texture itself i.e. w_lsabrexxxxXX.tga the xxxx being any letters you want the game uses, blue, gren, red, yelo and so on, you are also going to need to make a w_lsabrexxxxXX.txi file which you can make on your own. All you need to do is create a new notepad document and type this in there:

blending additive
decal 1

then when you save it type this in as the file name: w_lsabrexxxxXX.txi make sure you have the .txi so you save it as a .txi file. Also you are going to need to edit the .mdl file so that it reads your new blade color.
 Mono_Giganto
07-07-2004, 11:33 PM
I had some problems with my icons too, make sure it's sized 64x64 when you're done! It changes depending on how you edit it.
 Pennyroyal Tea
07-07-2004, 11:39 PM
thanks, ive managed to fix that problem but i have a new one, i edited the blade tga file so that it is bluse and yellow/gold but now the regular blue saber also is tht color, i changed all the file variations but the files i edited were all for the blue saber, i was wondering if anyone had encountered this problem and knew how to fix it, thanks
 Mav
07-08-2004, 1:43 AM
For some strange reason I've encountered several bugs and such when I extract the g_w_lghtsbr01.uti and the w_lghtsbr_001.mdl and .mdx, thsoe are the files for the blue lightsaber, so usually when I make my lightsabers I extract the green lightsaber files, I haven't had any problems with that. I know what you mean though because I used the blue files for my first lightsaber and it's blade color was blue/purple and it turned the regular blue lightsaber into it as well.

Also I don't know what your file is called but it can't be w_lsabreblue01 otherwise whatever color that is will replace the blue color, and remember to edit the .mdl file to match!!
 Pennyroyal Tea
07-08-2004, 12:27 PM
thank you so much,
i have finished the saber and will be posting it soon
 Mav
07-08-2004, 4:08 PM
NO problem I'm always happy to help, and I saw your lightsaber, very promising.
Page: 2 of 2