Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ghosts of the Ancient Age.

Page: 1 of 1
 Hiroki
06-04-2004, 4:36 PM
This is a role-playing story set in the Panzer Dragoon universe. It happens around 45 years after the last one, Orta. After once again, nearly being wiped out by Lagi, the Empire had began rebuilding its fleet, mostly comprising of Ancient Warships, as always. They have lost the ability to create Dragonmares, but still hold the technological edge by far, compared to the rest of the world. However, several young Nations have risen up to oppose them, the Halken Republic being the strongest of these. There nation is to the east of the Empire. However, they have a far more scarce supply of Ancient technology than the Empire, so many fear it is only a matter of time…

The frontiers are still blanketed by small villages, living off the vast, endless desert waist land, trying to carve some existence out of there bleak, superstitious lives. The world has continued to change, since the destruction of the Sestren AI, the fairly stable environment that was kept by the Towers now out of balance, as water levels raise, the earth cracks, and electrical storms shake the world. However, it has calmed down somewhat, the planet becoming more stable over time, free from war, as the Empire rebuilt its shattered army once more.

However, with most of its fleet recovered, and with new Nations ripe for conquest, it looks like this time is coming to an end. The Empire has once again constructed a great flagship to be at the head of the vast navy. It is the Das-Vormund, and despite its seemingly virtuous name, it is anything but peaceful. The primary weapon of this massive war vessel is the ion-protoliminator, a weapon of near-impossible destruction. It fires an intense beam, that not only destroys what it touches, but pollutes the area around the target with a dense blanket of Radiation. It seems the Empire shall go unopposed in there conquest, this time…

Rules:

No Godmoding, of course. I shouldn’t even need to say this. :)

No significant character control, by this, I mean by having the character die, or do any large action that could effect his role. But having him turn, or look up, or say “Okay“, or “What?” or “Who are you?” ect. is okay.

No Dragons! I mean it, if there are to be Dragons in this story, I’ll introduce them, as they are greatly powerful, capable of wiping out entire fleets, as I’m sure anyone who knows the games is aware. So sorry, no Dragon Rider right now, we’ll see what happens as the story progresses, though.

Cursing restrictions. No F words, or God D***. Any other cursing is alright - damn, hell, bitch ect. :p

And of course, have fun with your character. :)

Profile setup. This is how it should look.

Name:

Sex:

Weight/Hight:

Faction: Empire, Halken Republic, Frontier villager ( state the name of your town ), Hunter ( state if you travel with a small hunting party, alone, or with a Caravan. ), or Seeker ( much less organized than in PDS, and at the start of PDO, do to the fact that they where scattered by the Empire then ).

Rank: If you are a Frontier Villager, your ranks are: Village Leader, commen Villager, Coolia Herder, Guardsman. Villagers may have bow and arrows to hunt lesser beasts, but only Guardsmen get the crossbow.

If you are a hunter, your ranks are little more than a status. Elite Hunter, Expert Hunter, Experianced Hunter, Novice Hunter, Raw Hunter.

As a Member of either the Empire, or the Halken Republic, your ranks are standered Millitary ranks. Private, Corporal ect. Also, you can be part of the Imperial Academy Elite, or the Halken Royal Guard.

Weapon of choice: ( This is only if your character is a fighter - he doesn’t have to be. ) Crossbow/bow and arrow. ( Hunter/Frontier Villager only. ) Shotgun/handgun/semi-auto rifle. ( Empire and Halken factions only. ) There will be NO laser rifle, as this is the weapon only a Dragon Rider may have.

Ship: ( if any, and this is only for the Empire/Halken factions, the frontiers can not build flying ships. )

My Profile: Don Fuquit me'. ( :D )
Sex: Male
Weight/Hight: 6'1, 165 Ibs.
Faction: Empire.
Rank: First General, an Elite member of the Academy, trusted with the Empire's command fleet.
Weapon of choice: Dual Pistols, and a shotgun strapped to his back.
Ship: Das-Vormund. He has a fleet of 28 ships that protect the command ship.

There we go. Also, you do not have to make a character as tough as mine, I only made him that way so that you would all have something to worry about, thus making the story interesting. ;)

Also, if you are a member of Halken or the Empire, you can command normal ships, which are seen in most of the Panzer Dragoon games, large flying battle ships, with brownish hulls at the bottum, and bone-white anti-gravity genoraters on top, with the perpulsion fans on the sides. You may have up to 8 ships.

One exception is whoever snags the role of Halken High General, he can have up to 18 ships in his fleet. :)

We will be starting once I get two other people to join.
 Curt-Man
06-04-2004, 8:25 PM
Name: James Carter

Sex:Male

Weight/Hight: 185 lbs,6'2

Faction: Frontier Villager
Weapon of choice: Melee spear and bow and arrows(if the spear is allowed)
Ship: none
 Hiroki
06-04-2004, 8:57 PM
( A Seeker is somone who scavanges Ancient Ruins for artifacts and weapons, the Empire hates the Seekers as they claim that the ruins belong to the Imperial family, as the Empire believes he is the desendant of an Ancient Ruler. The Seekers however scoff at this, and continue to "steal" from the ruins despite what the Empire desires.

Also, edit your profile a bit, a Seeker wouldn't have an automatic weapon. Also, as a Seeker you would probably only carry one kind of weapon, so make a choice, dual pistols, or auto-rifle. )
 Curt-Man
06-04-2004, 9:17 PM
(alright cool, i chnaged me too a villager)
 Hiroki
06-04-2004, 9:28 PM
( Hmm, I have never seen spears, but I suppose. I doubt it will come in very handy, but I'll let you have it. :) )
 Curt-Man
06-04-2004, 10:13 PM
(yay! i dunno, ive just always liked spears http://jazsplace.tripod.com/pictures/spear.gif) )
 Hiroki
06-04-2004, 10:19 PM
( Hehe, well, the Bio-monsters that live in this world most likely would be unaffected by a spear, and even getting into melee range with one is near suicide. But I suppose it could be used to defend yourself againts local village gangs or something. )
 Curt-Man
06-05-2004, 3:56 PM
(well what if it is a posion filled spearhead? whatever, spears are cool)
 Hiroki
08-30-2004, 11:31 AM
(( Mou, no PD fans in this forum? I thought it might be fun. ;) ))
Page: 1 of 1