Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Origianal Posters - ROTJ

Page: 1 of 1
 guybroom
06-03-2004, 3:13 PM
Hi,

I recently got a poster with all the origianal starwars publicity posters. I have noticed several mistakes with them.

It was for 'Revenge of the Jedi'

- Mistake 1, should it not be return of the jedi?

The picture was of Luke and Veder fighting. There were 3 versions of the poster. One was to show the film was made, the second was the same as the first but with the release date on it and the third was return of the Jedi SE.

- Mistake 2 was on the first two posters: Luke has a red lightsaber and vader has a blue.

- Mistake 3 was on all three, but mainly the one for the SE: Luke has a blue lightsaber, but doesn't he have a green one in ROTJ?

- Mistake 4 is only the SE: The SEs were made, I think that was a mistake (Greedo shoots first?!?!?!?!)

Does anyone else know about these mistakes?
 coupes.
06-04-2004, 9:50 AM
Actually 'Revenge of the Jedi' was the actual name of the movie, but GL changed it because 'revenge' isn't very jedi-like.

I don't know, however when this change occured, during the final script, during production, post-production or at the very end. If he decided to change it at the very end, it is posible some of the merchandise was already made with the 'old' name. But I really don't know for sure, this is to verify.
 guybroom
06-04-2004, 3:16 PM
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.
I don't know, however when this change occured, during the final script, during production, post-production or at the very end.

Well if it helps you, on the second version of Revenge, it has the release date: May 25 1983
Page: 1 of 1