Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing character generation

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles
06-03-2004, 2:09 PM
Where would I look to modify the character generation process?I'd like to be able to change the starting feats, etc for the various classes. I'm currently using save game editor, but would like to be able to start with what I want.

Thanks!

Achilles
 darth vandar
06-03-2004, 2:16 PM
well then you are looking for a savegame editor if u ask me.
 Darth_ToMeR
06-03-2004, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by darth vandar
well then you are looking for a savegame editor if u ask me. He said that he using savegame editor. I don't know how to help, but it is probably .2da file.
 darth vandar
06-03-2004, 2:42 PM
hey dont blame me iam tierd ok
 Colma Adawin
06-03-2004, 3:12 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
Where would I look to modify the character generation process?I'd like to be able to change the starting feats, etc for the various classes. I'm currently using save game editor, but would like to be able to start with what I want.

Thanks!

Achilles

Achillies PLEASE,
Explain your self better! to me it seems the Darth Vandar had the right idea concerning the Save Game Editor, you make it seem as if you only want some of the feats. and powers and other stuff. why dont you just start a new game and then save UR game ASAP and use the save editor and continue from there or are you thinking of creating a mod to change the stats of the classes?
 Nodakrattler
06-03-2004, 5:33 PM
It sounds like to me that your looking for the utc files for the characters. These control the feats, skills, powers, attirbutes, and invetory for the characters. I belive if you use kotor tool they're under the bif's tree. You'll want to search by the area that you pick the character up from, that is the one that controls what they have and be like when you get them.
 Achilles
06-03-2004, 6:37 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
Achillies PLEASE,
Explain your self better! to me it seems the Darth Vandar had the right idea concerning the Save Game Editor, you make it seem as if you only want some of the feats. and powers and other stuff. why dont you just start a new game and then save UR game ASAP and use the save editor and continue from there or are you thinking of creating a mod to change the stats of the classes?

I'll be happy to, if you can explain what was unclear. It appears that you got the gist of my message, so I don't know where the communication break down occured.

I would like to be able to modify <insert correct file, script, etc here> so that I can determine which feats, etc each class of character starts out with. As a specific example: I'd like to change the Soldier starting feats to include flurry rather than power attack. I am currently using the Save Game Editor to accomplish this, but I think it would be a neat mod to not have to. I will happily continue on my present course if it is the only option available to me. Alas, I do not know which file, script, what have you is necessary to accomplish this task, therefore I implored the experienced modders on this board for guidance.

Please let me know if this additional information helps to clarify my intent.

Thank you,

Achilles
 Achilles
06-03-2004, 6:39 PM
Originally posted by Nodakrattler
It sounds like to me that your looking for the utc files for the characters. These control the feats, skills, powers, attirbutes, and invetory for the characters. I belive if you use kotor tool they're under the bif's tree. You'll want to search by the area that you pick the character up from, that is the one that controls what they have and be like when you get them.

Thanks! I was hoping to find where the PC is generated and make changes there. I'll either have to keep looking or continue using the Save Game Editor. My hope was to avoid this, since it kinda feels like cheating when I use it =)
 Achilles
06-03-2004, 6:41 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
are you thinking of creating a mod to change the stats of the classes?

BTW: Yes, exactly. Thanks again!
 Achilles
06-04-2004, 2:36 PM
I found what I was looking for last night. The starting feats are all displayed in feats.2da, but you need to scroll all the way the right to see the applicable fields.

Just an FYI for anyone else that is interested in modding beginning character feats.
Page: 1 of 1