Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Scripting Items into the Game

Page: 1 of 1
 True_None
05-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Hey,
Question is simple. I've finally developed some items remotely decent. I'd rather not use the cheat codes to get my stuff, I'd rather script them into the game. I'd also liek to start scripting so that I could begin working on my own recruit mods, which I have another thread for. I was wondering if anyone has some pointers for me. I already have Kotor Tool and a GFF editor, but that its. I do have Neverwinter Nights if thats anything, but I don't really understand the scipting process on that. Any help would be nice.

Sincerely,
True None :fett:
 Darth333
05-31-2004, 10:48 AM
Reference this thread :
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123433)

Hope this helps :)
 waterhammer
05-31-2004, 7:48 PM
The darkside choker on pcgamemods has an example script in it that places it in game if you want an example of scripting.
 True_None
06-02-2004, 10:59 PM
I think I've finally figured out the basics of scripting and I was ready to test it out. Only one problem, I forgot to ask how you edit/create new scripts for kotor. I know what to type in order to create whatever wherever whenever, but I have no idea how to find the program I need to start typing. Any help would be great, becuase I can't do anything until I figure this out. :fett:
 Darth333
06-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by True_None
I think I've finally figured out the basics of scripting and I was ready to test it out. Only one problem, I forgot to ask how you edit/create new scripts for kotor. I know what to type in order to create whatever wherever whenever, but I have no idea how to find the program I need to start typing. Any help would be great, becuase I can't do anything until I figure this out. :fett:

Notepad :D

save with an .nss extension
 True_None
06-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Oh My God !!! I am an IDIOT !!!!!!!
 Darth333
06-02-2004, 11:40 PM
And don't forget to compile.:)

Use Hazard's X compiler/decompiler available here:
http://www.megamods.de/_data/parts/dl.php?file=37)

If you run into any problem with the script just PM me.
 True_None
06-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Thanks Darth333. I won't be able to test out the stuff soon, but thanks for th info anyway. Now I have at leats a general idea of what to look for.
Page: 1 of 1