Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fixes needed for Linux Compile (sorry I don't have them)

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
05-29-2004, 2:30 AM
There are two major bugs in the Siege portion of the latest Linux compile (1.011) and the basejka_pushfix compile that is out on the 'net.

Basically, in the win32 version cloaks (used by Lando the Rebel Scout on Hoth/Desert) work fine, but on the linux version they stop working after awhile and you have to clear logs and restart the server manually in order to get them to work again.

Another bug that crops up repeatedly (though I'm not sure if it's linux dependant) is where the camera view shakes around like crazy if multiple people are riding swoops at once (unless you're "out of the line of site" in a building or something with a closed door away from the Swoop riding madness).

The crazy camera shakes back and forth and zooms in and out for long periods, making aiming impossible and making it nearly impossible to see where you're going or what you're doing.

I know these aren't specific OJP bugs, but if/when the OJP gets a server linux port, it could really use these fixes that whoever compiled the last Linux binaries overlooked!

As of now riding swoops causes chaos and the Rebel Scout is severally handicapped on two out of three maps.

And since the vast majority of dedicated servers out there use Linux, these bugs must be very widespread. You'd think they would have been noticed sooner, but they only crop up in Siege, though Siege is the second most popular gametype in JA (sometimes third on days when Duel has a few more players).
 RenegadeOfPhunk
05-29-2004, 5:18 AM
Kurgan,

I'm positive the screen shaking issue is NOT linux dependant. I have also seen this on my windows server too.

..oh and btw the AT-ST issue with OJP is fixed, I just need to submit the fix to the repository :)
 Kurgan
06-02-2004, 9:52 PM
Good to hear about the AT-ST, hope you submit it soon! Sounds like OJP is moving right along in terms of functional Siege!
Page: 1 of 1