Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Year 3 -- The Locked Vault

Page: 1 of 1
 Spellbound
05-28-2004, 8:46 PM
I have been trying, for 2 DAYS, to get the correct tumbler pattern. I have many walkthroughs, all detailing the steps....which I have followed to the letter. I also have noted that there are different sizes of cracks that line up on the right hand side, some wider than others -- I've tried to line them up, with each of the widths, to no avail. It not only has become annoying at this point, but I'm really starting to get angry and am about to ditch the game. Did anyone else have this much trouble with this?
 Tall Guy
05-29-2004, 4:55 AM
there are notches in the tumblers, you need to align them so they are all facing you. when you've done it try putting your scyth into the lock. if manny manages to put it in then you've done it right, simply pull the handle and you're in. i realise it isnt easy. there's a bit of a knack to it..
 Spellbound
05-29-2004, 12:32 PM
What do these notches look like? I've looked at the tumblers and don't see any. (Man, I feel about as stupid as a person can get with this puzzle.) Also, does it matter if I start out turning the wheel left or right? Some walkthroughs say turn it "right" to start off, others say "left".

Edit -- I finally got it! Thanks!
 LolaFalana
06-09-2004, 3:48 PM
I'm also having trouble with the vault. I managed to get the tumblers lined up several times, but can't get the door open. When I try to use my scythe to block the tumblers, Manny just says, "Ugh, I hate that sound!" and pulls it back out. Am I missing something?

UPDATE: Of course, the very next try after I posted this, I got in! Durr...
Page: 1 of 1