Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Iran tricked the US into war in iraq?

Page: 1 of 1
 toms
05-27-2004, 7:26 AM
The guardian in the UK is reporting that there is an internal investigation in the US into whether the iranian government fed the hawks in washington false information about Iraq's weapons programme in order to get a dangerous neighbour removed.

Full article (http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1224824,00.html)

In the interests of balance I should point out that the Guardian is a left leaning paper which was fairly anti the war. However they are a well respected broadsheet, and not one of the untrustworthy UK tabloid papers.
 ShadowTemplar
06-05-2004, 2:17 PM
They probably did feed the US false information. But the penta'gun' didn't need much encouragement. Besides, it's no excuse. The Commies pulled countless maskirovkas during the Cold war, and before them Britan's Operation Double Cross during the war demonstrated the technique. The US should know better than to fall for such a cheap trick.
 --ZeeMan--
06-05-2004, 3:00 PM
"fool me once, shame on you
fool me twice, shame on me"

umm...what rhymes with three?

i wouldn't be surprised if it were true
Page: 1 of 1