Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Harddrive leftovers: pseudo stormtrooper and dark jedi

Page: 1 of 1
 Prime
05-26-2004, 11:06 PM
After seeing Colja's sith trooper retexture way back when I decided to take a crack myself. His just looked really cool. At first I tried to make them more or less all white, but it just didn't seem to work as I'd like. Somehow it didn't look quite as cool as the default trooper. So in the end I decided to do as Colja had done and make just the armour white. I've also tweeked some of the lines to make it a little smoother...

http://torch.cs.dal.ca/~mroger/pics/stormtrooper.jpg)

I also like evil characters to where black clothing. I've modded my JO and JA games to have black robed Reborn, and this is sort of my version for KOTOR. IIRC some others have done a similar thing. Not much to it...

http://torch.cs.dal.ca/~mroger/pics/reborn.jpg)

Anyway, these were done a while ago, and have been sitting on my harddrive. I finally got some better webspace (thanks echonetwork!) and decided to put them up for download. They are nothing special, but some of you out there might like them...

You can get them again at Warped Productions. (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html)
 JackJJackal
05-26-2004, 11:09 PM
All I can say is.....Could you bottle your talent and ship it to me Prime?! Very nice. Armor modding is the next thing I'm wanting to learn so would be useful! :-P

How would I go about getting the masked "Ninja looking sith robe" for a PC to wear? have been trying to figure it out but no luck so far, that and most of the really nice sith armors I would LOVE to wear as my PC, I tried Halowan Cloak works but then you are turned into the npc, but I would like to keep my head etc. any pointers on doing this?
 Nodakrattler
05-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Both look nice. The sith looks alot better then the black one I made for myself. Do you mind if I make a red version?
 FiEND_138
05-27-2004, 12:32 AM
* Rushes off to DL* Nice work Prime
 RedHawke
05-27-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
* Rushes off to DL* Nice work Prime

Same here... The black dark jedi you did is much better than the grey black they are normally. Exellent as always Prime. :D
 Colja
05-27-2004, 3:38 AM
Looks great prime
 meek
05-27-2004, 5:01 AM
Now those "reborns" look much more sinister. A welcome add-on to my Kotor :)
 Poggle
05-27-2004, 6:18 AM
The reborn look great much better than the drab grey
 Prime
05-27-2004, 3:33 PM
Originally posted by JackJJackal
How would I go about getting the masked "Ninja looking sith robe" for a PC to wear? have been trying to figure it out but no luck so far, that and most of the really nice sith armors I would LOVE to wear as my PC, I tried Halowan Cloak works but then you are turned into the npc, but I would like to keep my head etc. any pointers on doing this? Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, the PC is the bald guy on the right, not one of the three hooded dudes. If this is who you are talking about, the robes can be found on my site.

As for doing what you discribe, I'm not too sure myself. IIRC you have to alter the appearance.2da file. There probably is a tutorial about this, but if not just do a search. Keep in mind that some of the NPC's clothes may be for models that don't have a seperate body and head. So if you allow the PC to have those clothes, you may be stuck with the head as well.

Originally posted by Nodakrattler
Both look nice. The sith looks alot better then the black one I made for myself. Do you mind if I make a red version? No problem. All I ask is that you included the original readme.txt file if you release it into the wild. :)
 Darth_ToMeR
05-27-2004, 3:47 PM
Looks good
 JackJJackal
05-27-2004, 3:56 PM
Yea, the npc sith with the hoods I have yet to be able to wear their robes. and like Bandons robes for example which I recently got a mod to wear them I think T7's Bandon Scout mod. But there is another sith that has a metallic breastplate is bald and has the black robes coming under the breastplate that I want his armor style, He is the one on the endar spire fighting the jedi. How would I wear his armor only and not have to have his head etc.?
 Mono_Giganto
05-27-2004, 7:12 PM
You would have to alter appearance.2da, change the model of an armor of your choice to N_DarthBand, then place a texture file into override named 'N_DarthBand01' You can also name it N_DarthBand02 and pretty much have Bandon's armor and the white one.
Page: 1 of 1