Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Copy protection

Page: 1 of 1
 elwyn5150
05-26-2004, 12:25 AM
OK. First off, I actually bought this game.

For the first few days it worked without any problems.

Now, I think the copy protection is making it so that I have to keep rebooting for 1/2 hour until the DVD drive recognises that I have the CD in the drive.

Is there some way to get it to recognise that the CD is in there or am I better off trying to find a pirated copy?

[ Edit: We don't promote warez here, so asking for it is against the rules. ]
 Imperial_thug
05-26-2004, 1:00 AM
I know certain DVD's don't like the copy protection, it would'nt install from drive D (which is a DVD rom) for me I had to install it from my second drive E . I've never heard of it not reading the CD alltogether, but I believe it as much problems as I had getting it installed from a DVD. I don't know why Raven can't just use the good ol' CD key verification system like everyone else. They should make a no CD patch or something.
 Crow_Nest
05-26-2004, 3:43 AM
NEVER use no-cd patches, they may work for a while but will give you the cl_packetentties error or the "insert disc 1" error even if you have disc 1 inside.
 manoman81
05-26-2004, 9:08 AM
From what I have read, it is always better to install and use a normal cd rom drive for playing games. Don't use a cd crack like Crow said. It won't work. Try to reinstall using a cd drive if you have one. If you don't have one, go out and spend the money and put it in your box. Do you have a laptop or desktop?
 TK-8252
05-26-2004, 9:08 PM
Originally posted by elwyn5150
or am I better off trying to find a pirated copy?

You're NEVER better off with a pirated copy.
 elwyn5150
05-27-2004, 4:16 AM
Originally posted by manoman81
From what I have read, it is always better to install and use a normal cd rom drive for playing games. Don't use a cd crack like Crow said. It won't work. Try to reinstall using a cd drive if you have one. If you don't have one, go out and spend the money and put it in your box. Do you have a laptop or desktop?

Its a laptop. The DVD drive is removeable but I don't own a normal CDROM drive that can be plugged in.
 acdcfanbill
05-27-2004, 12:59 PM
try cleaning your drive?
 manoman81
05-27-2004, 2:49 PM
Do what acdcfanbill said. Trying cleaning the cds too.
 Sam Fisher
05-28-2004, 12:53 AM
If you don't want to use CD's. I suggest getting Virtual Drive, its great.
 Alegis
05-28-2004, 12:07 PM
in "my computer" i'll see the logo for JA when i put the disk in the dvd drive and click it, but then after the lil menu screen it will cry for a disk :confused: normal disk drive works though
 Master_Keralys
05-28-2004, 5:40 PM
You have installed the 1.01 patch, haven't you? B/c I had the same problem for nearly a month after I got the game until the patch was released and that solved all of it. If you haven't tried that, then don't even thingk about asking for noCD patches (which, while they worked for me for the time frame I needed them, I do not recommend. Unless they're official releases from the dev company, they're not stable at all...)
 Lindsey
05-29-2004, 6:41 PM
I had a problem like this when I got JA, since I had 2 PCs, and my bro and I play at the same time, we moved the JAMP safemode .exes to the desktop as shortcuts. This bypasses the copy protection completely, so we can both use copies of the game. I suggest you try this, launch the game from your gamedata folder and see what happens. But yea, the drives can act weird
Page: 1 of 1