Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

1st Person Vehicles in JA MP (thanks Crow_nest!)

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
05-23-2004, 4:07 PM
Finally another tweak/option emerges!

Upon the suggestion of Crow_nest I checked it out and it's rather cool (except with the TIE Bomber).

Type \cg_fpls 1 in the console (just like the ill-fated first person saber) and (this only works if you have an actual saber in use) you can get into a vehicle and it will be first person.

Parts of the vehicle are transparent (looks odd on some vehicles) so you can see through and the camera will "swoop" a bit when you're turning, but rather interesting.

Combine it with \cg_fov 100 to give you a bit wider view and you're set!

I tried it with AT-ST, Swoops, TIE Fighters, Bombers (bad), Z-95's and X-wings.

It doesn't work for Emplaced guns though, but the rest it's pretty cool. The best is probably with the TIE Fighter, it looks almost perfect.

Thanks again!

PS: To switch back to normal, simply type \cg_fpls 0 and \cg_fov 80
 Kurgan
05-23-2004, 4:17 PM
 manoman81
05-23-2004, 4:32 PM
Thanks Kurgan and Crow! Going to try that out now...
 jon_hill987
05-23-2004, 4:57 PM
That looks cool, I'll try it when I get JA back.
 Kurgan
05-23-2004, 6:32 PM
Sadly, the TIE Advanced, TIE Bomber/2, Shuttle, Falcon, and Y-Wing are all pretty much unusable in first person combat.

However, the TIE Interceptor and Awing look pretty good.

The Xwing and Z95 are ugly, but functional.

More pics:

http://strategy.jediknight.net/pictures/xwing1stperson.jpg)

http://strategy.jediknight.net/pictures/z951stperson.jpg)

http://strategy.jediknight.net/pictures/awing1stperson.jpg)

http://strategy.jediknight.net/pictures/interceptor1stperson.jpg)
 PR-0927
05-23-2004, 8:03 PM
Hmm, I tried it, odd, isn't it...

The AT-ST one is sorta weird, the TIE Interceptor and TIE Fighter look really cool though. The A-wing looks cool in first-person too.

Thanks.

:fett:
 TK-8252
05-23-2004, 8:46 PM
The AT-AT is unusable too, bummer. :(

Although up in that AT-ST crushing Rebel scum is pretty neat. :p
 Crow_Nest
05-25-2004, 4:29 AM
I find using 1st person in vehicles better, while flying my tie in destroyer, its easier to aim and shoot at enemy ships even with a high ping.

btw, thanks for putting this up Kurgan :)
 Kurgan
06-03-2004, 6:17 AM
No prob!

I bet this info will be of interest to OJP too...
 keshire
06-03-2004, 6:37 AM
Should be adjustable with trueview. Since they don't have eyes I don't know if it'll default to the model origin or not.
 Crow_Nest
06-03-2004, 6:49 AM
Uh, Kurgan if i remembered correctly, i wasnt the one who suggested 1st person, it was some guy (cant remember his name) who said "we need first person ships".

But i was the one who suggested using cg_fpls 1, and switch to jedi class (cg_fpls 1 only has effect when you are using a saber/jedi class)

I think we should give that guy credit too. Whoever he is......
 AIVAS
06-05-2004, 6:35 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Uh, Kurgan if i remembered correctly, i wasnt the one who suggested 1st person, it was some guy (cant remember his name) who said "we need first person ships".

But i was the one who suggested using cg_fpls 1, and switch to jedi class (cg_fpls 1 only has effect when you are using a saber/jedi class)

I think we should give that guy credit too. Whoever he is......

Possibly several people have said that, but if it was FATMAN, psyguy, king of the jawas, or A.I.V.A.S., then chances are it was me, as those are a few of the names I was using then.
 Crow_Nest
06-06-2004, 2:52 AM
Originally posted by AIVAS
Possibly several people have said that, but if it was FATMAN, psyguy, king of the jawas, or A.I.V.A.S., then chances are it was me, as those are a few of the names I was using then.

Yes but were you in the server at that time? ;)
 AIVAS
06-06-2004, 4:01 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Yes but were you in the server at that time? ;)

I lost count of how many times I said it, so chances are it probably was me, no garuntees though, as I have a really crappy memory.
Page: 1 of 1