Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod predictions for Battlefront

Page: 2 of 2
 Idei
06-11-2004, 3:43 PM
I was referring to the conditions where Battlefront would be considered a mainstream success.

KOTOR is a successful RPG, but compared to the sale volume and popularity of its peers it would still be a relatively small title, ie niche market. If KOTOR or KOTOR 2 become popular enough that people start buying console systems just to play KOTOR, then it will have realized the kind of mainstream success that games like Legend of Zelda or Final Fantasy enjoy.

As far as Stars Wars games are concerned there is a difference between the popularity of the movies and the popularity of the games. All of the Star Wars movies are ranked among the top box office hits of all time. One of the reasons that the original Star Wars was so successful is that redefined the genre. The same principle applies in the success of games.

Increased sales will bring in more players. Earlier I mentioned that this might be accomplished through demos or support of players interested in modifying the game. More players translates into better competitive play. That translates into people interested in making modifications that make the game better in some way. Both of these elements will add value to the gameplay of SWBF.

On the lighter side, there are a few posts on the forum about whether players can select any faction while playing the various maps. This is a mod that I would like to see if the game doesn't support it. Rebel vs Separatist, Imperial vs Republic, and other faction battles would be interesting to see.

Idei
Page: 2 of 2