Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A silly idea, but it's in the movies, so....

Page: 1 of 1
 darthzappa
05-15-2004, 1:17 AM
hi folks, first post here,

before i get to my ridiculous suggestion i just wanted to thank you guys for all the hard work you're doing and i look forward to making maps that use the new features and gizmos you are adding to the game.

now for my lunatic idea....

i am currently using the OJP eopie vehicle on one of my maps (Naboo Hills), and while i think it's a great vehicle, it's missing something...

would it be possible to add a 'gun' to the eopie that fires a simple fx_runner type thing backwards and only causes a mild amount of damage to anyone standing directly behind it?

yes, you guessed it, i want the eopie to fart. Hey, if George Lucas can make poop jokes in his movies, it's the least we can do to pay tribute to that particular 'excellence', no?

I originally wanted to put the gungan riding beasts (kaadu? i forget their name) on this map to keep the Naboo flavor, but since there isnt a working kaadu the eopie was a fine substitute. (I tried tauntuans, they didnt really cut it.)

Anyhow, I'm sure im gonna get heckled for this, but I think it would be pretty funny, and it IS faithful to the movies, from a certain point of view anyhow... just an idea.

darth zappa
 Kurgan
05-15-2004, 11:59 AM
It should also be able to lay "mines" on the ground if you get my drift.

Stepping in them causes a sound file to play of Jar Jar saying "Icky poo!" or (as one person remembered it) "Mesa be steppin' in poop-a-doop!"
 Master_Keralys
05-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Heckling is right... *points and laughs* No, seriously, while it's probably possible, but not the thing they're likely to focus on (as they're busy rebuilding a saber combat system, creating entirely new animations [or implimenting them], etc). That's not to say it won't happen, just that it's a lot less probable.
Page: 1 of 1