Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Clearing up the mystery of "Rcon" (future and new admins especially, READ THIS!)

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
05-13-2004, 12:08 PM
I made a new sticky in the Dedicated Server forum which I think is long overdue.

Many people don't even know what Rcon is, are afraid to learn it or are simply clueless.

However it's not as bad as you think and the system is actually quite useful. I suggest everyone who doesn't yet know go check out the link and read up!

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128269)

I just want to help improve the level of knowledge of the admin community as a whole. The more you know, the better choices you can make to run your servers more efficiently. But you can't do that without the most basic knowledge of Rcon, an essential part of the MP of all Q3 engine games.
 Samuel Dravis
05-13-2004, 12:44 PM
I had known about these before (mainly from playing with the console and creating ConfigED) but thanks for posting, Kurgan. Someone will no doubt find this useful! :thumbsup:
Page: 1 of 1