Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How Convert Costumes files????

Page: 1 of 1
 damien11
05-12-2004, 8:11 PM
I'm working about old scumm games SAM&MAX1, MONKEy2, MONKEY1, Day of the TENTACLE, INDIANA JONES AND THE FATE OF ATLANTIS...

These games are composed with a lot of different files : ROOM, CHAR, COST, RMIM....
ex: The COST files are the costumes files ( 'cause characters are ... costumes)

I know several persons work on Scumm file because a lot of utilities are existing... ScummVm, ScummRevisited, Costume Ripper...

I'm looking for someone who can help me :
:confused: :confused:
i've got a problem about COST FILES. The COST FILES from SAM&MAX (or DOTT) are different than the COST FILES from Monkey2 ... Then, we can't use the COST FILES from SAM&MAX in MONKEY2...

I'm looking for something which can convert the COST FILES format of SAM&MAX to the COST FILES format of MONKEY2.
I don't understant how costumes are working, i just know it use a palete file ( for the colors...) . And palete files are different in MONKEy2 and in SAm&MAX... :(

So, please, gimme an answer , how i can convert the costumes files !!!!

THANK !
 Scummbuddy
05-13-2004, 1:33 AM
wow buddy. calm down. try the other costume viewers/ rippers. you can download them from my site. http://www.freewebs.com/lucasstyle/downloads.htm)

Hey, wow, you double posted. Thats a super cool thing to do on forums.
 damien11
05-19-2004, 5:43 AM
Thank you for your answers!
But i didn't resolve my problems ... I don't understant how pictures are stocked ( are coded) in the scumm files... i know it's file called SMAP but i don't understant how it's working !?

I've seen a lot of sources, but it doesn't help me. I think i need to read the sources of Scumm-Revisited or Costume Viewer ( or Ripper)... But i haven't found it...

Could you help me?

Is someone know how pictures are recorded , coded (images... like backgrounds , costumes...) ?
PLEASE !!!!

My project is working but i miss it !!!!
Page: 1 of 1