Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Saber style idea

Page: 1 of 1
 Vouksh
05-12-2004, 6:25 PM
ok, my idea is that for each style there can be 3-4 different animation sets, like, say for dual, Heavy/Reach - one saber pointing toward opponent, other held straight up or Short/Defensive - one held lateraly infront of you, the other held lateraly behind you. maybe add this in the Animations WIP too.

i think that people would like that cuz it gives them more options. it would take alot of coding and work, but i think it could be done. along with keshires idea for actual customizable hilts ( i saw it here: http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=16448&subForumID=16382&action=viewTopic&commentID=309499&sparkKey=0255b4f05e5ab7567a0cf5572235fe50b0), and the rgb color would make the game truly customizable! :D
 razorace
05-12-2004, 7:15 PM
Yeah, multiple people have mentioned that. I think it's way better than the having 50 zillion styles with only having the stances be different (AotCTC).

However, the problem is that the animations aren't designed to have radically different stance positions. Having them causes the animations to look choppy when going into or out of the stance (start) position.
 Vouksh
05-13-2004, 8:58 PM
i mean code it so you cannot switch types(dual\staff)/styles(ani set) before you die. this will eliminate the 'choppyness' of the stance changes.

I realize this means alot of coding, but in the end i think it would payoff. ppl are always complaining about how its "not as customizable" as LC had originally said. maybe they tried this and it didn't work. or maybe thier stupid and didn't think of it :) but n e ways, you got my 2 cents.

im gonna try animations myself, but i doubt it will werk
 razorace
05-13-2004, 10:18 PM
wha? I'm talking about choppiness whenever you move in/out the stance position, like when you start/end an attack.
 Vouksh
05-14-2004, 7:09 PM
o i thought u meant when like you would go from like heavy to defense or whatever. im not totally sure what to do about the choppyness of the attacks.

if ur thinking about using the stock attack ani's, im saying make new everything. stances, attacks, blocks (maybe), all that.

if thats not what ur talking about, well, call me 'tupid!
 razorace
05-14-2004, 8:45 PM
I wasn't talking about that simply because the amount of animation work involved would probably drive Keshire insane.
 Vouksh
05-15-2004, 10:10 PM
yea, but like i said, i could try, but i doubt ill get n e where

but, you can always put this on the lower rung of ur prioties :) it aint like ppl r killin 4 it :p
Page: 1 of 1