Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bandon is recruitable

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth333
05-11-2004, 11:50 PM
Finally!!! The mod is done and Bandon is now recruitable on Manaan. You can download it on my web site (click my sig)

*edit* you can also download it here: http://www.pcgamemods.com/5355/)

Special thanks to TK102 for the talk-fight talk sequence :)

A few words concerning the mod:

For now, I only made Bandon recruitable on Manaan. If no bugs are reported I'll complete the mod for the other planets in a week or two depending on how much spare time I have. (That should be a piece of cake.)

So, before I complete the mod for the other planets, it's time for suggestions and comments. If you see grammar or syntax errors in the dialogs, do not hesitate to mention it (English is not my mother tongue) and I'll bring the appropriate corrections.

Unfortunately i was unable to add sound like in the Dustil mod: Bandon did not have enough lines to make a custom dialog out if it and i couldn't do any voice acting...let's say that my voice doesn't fit for Bandon.

Another problem that should be corrected when I release the mod for the other planets: my trial version of paint pro shop has just expired and for some reason I'm unable to make a portrait that will appear in the party table with another application even if it's a tga file.

Enjoy!
 T7nowhere
05-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Looks great, My only problem I already finnished Manaan :( I guess it'll have to wait before I get to play it. Though I guess I could cheat ;)
 tk102
05-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Congratulations on a mod well done and long time coming.

and i couldn't do any voice acting...let's say that my voice doesn't fit for Bandon.

Hmm. Couldn't or wouldn't? That would've been worth the price of admission. :D
 newtothefourms
05-12-2004, 12:43 AM
Great work on the Bandon mod are you still working on the lightside version of the recruitable dustil mod?
 greymeister
05-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Congrats on getting it to work. I know it wasn't easy ;)
 Darth333
05-12-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by newtothefourms
are you still working on the lightside version of the recruitable dustil mod?

Yes but it's not finished. I ran into some camera problems:when editing the git file, the GFF editor would corrupt the cameras so I set the mod aside. But now since TK102 released CAMedit, the problem has been solved and i'll work on the mod again. I'm making only one mod that will incorporate both LS and DS versions.

Originally posted by TK102 Hmm. Couldn't or wouldn't? That would've been worth the price of admission :D

Ha ha! How ironic :p
 pascalneder009
05-12-2004, 2:20 AM
:mad: link doesnt work :mad: please send me you know my mail right?
 Jackel
05-12-2004, 4:19 AM
pas cal its up and rtunning now , maybe try copying and pasting the URL in to a new browser window / tab instead of clicking on it , its geocities so sometimes it hates the click / open link type click

also Darth333 i have cropped a pic of Bandon for you to use , here a link tot he jpg version but i have the tga version for you if you want it , just photobucket doesnt like me uploading tga's

http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v102/ShadowFox75/kotor/bandon.jpg)
 pascalneder009
05-12-2004, 7:46 AM
thanks jackel dloaded it now;)
 Darth333
05-12-2004, 9:42 AM
Originally posted by Jackel
pas cal its up and rtunning now , maybe try copying and pasting the URL in to a new browser window / tab instead of clicking on it , its geocities so sometimes it hates the click / open link type click

I just noticed geocities limits the number of downloads per hour :mad: . If this happens to someone else, just try again later and it should work. I'll see if I can find another place to host my mods but not this week. I have enough of setting up web sites this week... :rolleyes:

also Darth333 i have cropped a pic of Bandon for you to use , here a link tot he jpg version but i have the tga version for you if you want it , just photobucket doesnt like me uploading tga's
http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v102/ShadowFox75/kotor/bandon.jpg)

This looks perfect!!! Thanks Jackel. :) Check your PM mailbox.
 TheStressPuppy
05-12-2004, 10:37 AM
You need to find another host besides Yahoo Geocities. Got the exceded bandwith error when trying to download the mod. However, I may have a solution to your hosting problems.

I am one of the senior members of the Star Trek: Homeworld mod team. We are provided web hosting free by The Gaming Union. If you contact TheBlessedSheriden, or Texas Ranger im sure he can arrange to make space available a KOTOR section. That way we can all have a centralized location for KOTOR Mods. :D

Right now the server suffered some problems, and was down for a while, but they r being sorted out, The link may still not work, but the forums do. Ive been with them for over 4 years with very little trouble. Heres a link the main site, and our forums

Our Kind Host The Gaming Union (http://www.tgu.org.uk)

Our Forums (http://www.thegamingunion.co.uk/Forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi)

If this has already been brought up before then my apologies
 Jackel
05-13-2004, 3:21 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
This looks perfect!!! Thanks Jackel. :) Check your PM mailbox.

thanks goes to Bioware for having the pic as one of their avatars , and my right mouse button for its click and menu pop up :cool:
 Jackel
05-13-2004, 3:24 AM
Originally posted by TheStressPuppy
stuff about hosting

Stress : an idea might be to copy and paste that entire post in to the sticky at the top of the page entitled "where can i host my mod?" we have two places so far but more would be appreciated i guess , espeicially if we can have the same mods on many servers so no "sorry you cant have this to much traffic going on" stuff happens like with Geocities
 Darth333
05-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Note: if you downloaded this mod before May 17 please redownload it at
http://www.pcgamemods.com).
There was a major bug that is now corrected.

Also Darth Bandon portrait now appears in the party table - thanks to Jackel - . (other planets not done yet)
 Big_D
05-18-2004, 2:47 PM
:) yaaayy thanks so much Darth333! You rock!
 Darth333
06-04-2004, 11:18 AM
To those who downloaded the mod:

READ CAREFULLY: until further notice, remove the g_bandon001.utc file from your override directory if you start a new game or you wont be able to pass the cutscene with Bandon on the *edit*Endar Spire. One you've pass the *edit*Endar Spire, just put the g_bandon001.utc back into the override folder (if you don't, Bandon will be invincible on Manaan).

This is due to the fact that Bioware did use the same filename "g_bandon001.utc " for both the *edit*Endar Spire and Manaan modules but they changed the contents, including the UserDefineScript. :rolleyes: So the new utc file i made will also override the file located in the *edit* Endar Spire module...Unfortunately, the source code for the UserDefineScript on the edit* Endar Spire is not available but i'll take care of that as soon as i can. Definitely Bioware did not made things easy for us modders. Perhaps using the ExecuteScript function :(

*edit* not much to do: Bioware uses the same filename but a differe TAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Sorry for the inconveniences this may have created

Darth333

(for some reason i am unable to post comments at pcgamemods this morning)
 Mono_Giganto
06-04-2004, 1:32 PM
Um, when does Bandon show up on the Ebon Hawk? I think you mean the Endar Spire lol. By the way, I never commented on it before, but it's a nice mod. :) Too bad I'm like the only person here who doesn't like Bandon...
 Darth333
06-04-2004, 1:39 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Um, when does Bandon show up on the Ebon Hawk? I think you mean the Endar Spire lol. By the way, I never commented on it before, but it's a nice mod. :) Too bad I'm like the only person here who doesn't like Bandon...

Hehehe you were right Mono_Giganto. I just edited my post accordingly. Perhaps I made that mistake because I don't like Bandon very much either. :D

here is your reward for pointing out this : :3headed: :monkey4: :3headed:
 Mono_Giganto
06-04-2004, 1:48 PM
Missed one.. err... two. :)

Oh and how long did this take you to make? I'm thinking about making one too. :D
 Darth333
06-04-2004, 1:59 PM
Missed one.. err... two. :)
Not anymore :D

Oh and how long did this take you to make? I'm thinking about making one too. :D
Want to recruit a tach? :D
Recruiting an npc is pretty easy: you only need to attach a simple script to a dialog branch, edit a utc file, appearance .2da and that's it. The length may vary on what you want to do, how much dialog you want to add, etc... Bandon was a little special. In the Dustil mod I manipulated quite alot of sound files and that was quite a lot of work.
You can have a look at this thread to see how it's done http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123668)
Any questions, just PM me :)
 Darth Wanubion
10-18-2004, 11:19 AM
1. Can you start the mod again, if you are not already modding it?

2. Where on mannan can i requit bandon?

3.Can you get the cheat warp code for the area where he appears?

4. You said you could get bandon to spawn on all other worlds to, why not make a new world which can be a sith world, like korribian, where they can have an academy, which bandon is the sith jedi master for?
 Darth333
10-18-2004, 11:59 AM
1. Can you start the mod again, if you are not already modding it?
I started Bandon on Korriban with a double talk fight talk sequence a few months ago. I almost completed it but lacked some time (and interest - got a bit tired of recruitable mods :rolleyes: ) but anyways, I'll try to finish it one of those weekends (perhaps next week but no guarantees since my schedule right now is very tight).
2. Where on mannan can i requit bandon?
Just play the game normally. You will meet Bandon as usual after recovering the 4th star map. Manaan has to be the fourth planet you visit, just before the Leviathan. If you do this, you can't miss him: he will stand rigth in your way.

3.Can you get the cheat warp code for the area where he appears?
Yeah, you could warp there but you would have to tweak global variables quite a lot with tk102's KSE and Global Variable Comparison tool (available at pcgamemods.com) :D Have fun!

4. You said you could get bandon to spawn on all other worlds to, why not make a new world which can be a sith world, like korribian, where they can have an academy, which bandon is the sith jedi master for?
I am not a Darth Bandon fan and if I ever find enough time to make a new area ( I work about 12 hours per day and that often includes the weekends) it will not involve Bandon. I started a new area to add a side quest to my Dustil mod in the past but did not finish it due to lack of time :( If someone wants to do it or make a side quest for this mod, then go ahead.
 Darth Wanubion
10-19-2004, 10:23 AM
What happens if you kill him on Kassykh ( the wookie homeworld ), he appears in the same place where you meet calo nord, If you did kassykh as the third planet, he appears then. In the right place
 Mono_Giganto
10-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Darth Wanubion
What happens if you kill him on Kassykh ( the wookie homeworld ), he appears in the same place where you meet calo nord, If you did kassykh as the third planet, he appears then. In the right place

I think I get what you're saying, no, in Darth333's mod, Manaan must be the third planet or there will be no recruitment option.
 Darth333
10-19-2004, 11:04 AM
I think I get what you're saying, no, in Darth333's mod, Manaan must be the third planet or there will be no recruitment option.
Right, you can only recruit him on Manaan, if Manaan is your frouth planet. Bandon uses different files for each Planet. You have to see it as totally different objects: it really implies redoing the mod for each planet... I am doing it for Korriban too as explained above but I don't think I will do it for Kashyyyk (doing the same mod three times gets a bit boring )
 Darth Wanubion
10-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Can you make him requittable in the ebon hawk just after mannan, next time of the mod? And also make him stand there. In the area ,where zalbaar stands, or can you maybe use that Mod you get a shop or something with, in the ebon hawk, but you also make it an battle arena, where bandon joins you if you defeat him in it? Like the cantina arena in the upper city of taris, where you challange that last guy, and then you can make some other sith chars to. You can requit in the arena, by challangeing them trough a computer, you could use computers like these where its said you look on the arena battles.
 Mono_Giganto
10-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Right, you can only recruit him on Manaan, if Manaa is your third planet. Bandon uses different files for each Planet. You have to see it as totally different objects: it really implies redoing the mod for each planet... I am doing it for Korriban too as explained above but I don't think I will do it for Kashyyyk (doing the same mod three times gets a bit boring )

Yeah theoretically, the other planets would be better anyway, because they don't share a file with the Endar Spire.

Darth Wanubion, if you want to add a comment onto your post, use the edit button, it keeps the forums a little bit cleaner. :)

| | |
V V V
 Darth Wanubion
10-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Ask the creator of that Ebonhawk Basement mod, if you wanna use it
 Darth333
10-19-2004, 11:21 AM
It is feasible but I really don't feel like making anymore recruitable mods and there are already arena mods. Apart revising my old mods, if I decide to make another mod, it will be something else, something new (not a recruitable mod for sure)...I might have some plans for something big ;) (but Bandon is not there) but it implies tweaking some files quite a bit...and I need to find the time to do it.
 bneezy
10-19-2004, 6:25 PM
Darth Wanubion, if you want to add a comment onto your post, use the edit button, it keeps the forums a little bit cleaner.

Just use a color option when you edit your post and just type "Update:" so it stands out when people read through again.

Great job, Darth333. I know he's been one of the most wanted for recruiting. I'll check it out.
 Darth333
10-20-2004, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by bneezy
Great job, Darth333. I know he's been one of the most wanted for recruiting. I'll check it out.
Thanks Bneezy :) but that's an old mod I made back in May...I suggest you wait a little (perhaps this weekend) and I'll finish the one for Korriban. This way the mod won't conflict anymore with the Bandon .utc file for the Endar Spire, as explained in this post (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1536527#post1536527) (for some reason Bandon uses unique .utc files on all the planets except Manaan and the Endar Spire...)
 Raveth
10-21-2004, 7:14 AM
well good job but cant he be recruited on (IE, Korriban,Kashyyyk,Tatooine) ?? Only manaan as 4th planet?
 Darth333
10-21-2004, 7:26 AM
Originally posted by Raveth
well good job but cant he be recruited on (IE, Korriban,Kashyyyk,Tatooine) ?? Only manaan as 4th planet?
Read the thread: you'll find the asnwer to your question ;)
 Darth Wanubion
10-29-2004, 1:37 AM
what happens if you kills him on one of the other planets?
 Darth333
10-29-2004, 5:40 AM
Originally posted by Darth Wanubion
what happens if you kills him on one of the other planets?
you can't recruit him. Manaan has to be your 4th planet. You will soon be able to recruit him on Korriban too.
 Darth Wanubion
01-02-2005, 4:27 PM
can you make this mod support the lashove and mekel requit mod? or maybe, you can begin working on ґsomething biggerґ like an mod which is nearly all requitment mods, so you can choose what members to have with you.....
 tk102
01-02-2005, 5:57 PM
can you make this mod support the lashove and mekel requit mod?
You can easily make this mod compatible with Darth Straker's mod. (This mod only conflicts with the Lashowe recruitment: they both attempt to replace T3M4.) Since we're trampling on Darth333's post, I'll explain how to make Bandon compatible with Lashowe.

1) Decide who you would like to replace. I'd recommend Juhani, Mission or Zaalbar. Let's say you choose Mission.

2) In the p_bandon.utc file, change the Tag value to Mission.

3) Open up notepad and paste the following in it:
void main()
{
RemoveAvailableNPC(NPC_MISSION);
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(NPC_MISSION,"p_bandon");
} Save this as bandonrecr.nss (make sure it doesn't have the .txt extension!)

4) Compile the above code using nwnsscomp.exe, creating bandonrecr.ncs.

5) Put the bandonrecr.ncs and the modified p_bandon.utc file into the override folder along with the rest of Darth333's original files.
 Darth Wanubion
01-03-2005, 7:33 AM
wonґt this change the story of the game???
 tk102
01-03-2005, 7:49 AM
All custom recruits change the story of the game somewhat. Typically the recruit will banter and interject like the character he/she replaced.

Looking at the dialogs included with Bandon's recruitment, there is no mention of T3 being replaced so that part isn't interrupted.
 Darth333
01-03-2005, 8:57 AM
Originally posted by tk102
(P.S. Darth333, your DL link is broken.)

It's been fixed :) Thanks for mentionning that.
 Darth Wanubion
01-03-2005, 2:13 PM
Canґt you edit the fileґs?? i canґt , i donґt have microsoft word.... i would like Hk-47 to be replaced as bandon , or maybe , mission. You could make diffrent versions of the mod, wich replaces different chars , i canґt ...
 Lord Dagron
07-26-2008, 3:09 PM
Note: if you downloaded this mod before May 17 please redownload it at
http://www.pcgamemods.com).
There was a major bug that is now corrected.

Also Darth Bandon portrait now appears in the party table - thanks to Jackel - . (other planets not done yet)

The link doesn't work . Can you please send me a copy.
 EnderWiggin
07-26-2008, 3:10 PM
The link doesn't work . Can you please send me a copy.

Since this thread is 3 and a half years old, it might have been better to just have sent D333 a PM instead of resurrecting it.

_EW_
 Shem
07-27-2008, 7:48 PM
This thread could also be now moved to the Taris Upper City Emporium. ;)
Page: 1 of 1