Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Siege Destroyer 2 fix (Asteroids)

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
05-10-2004, 4:58 AM
Okay I threw together a quick tiny fix for Siege Destroyer 2 from Asteroids.

When I first installed the mod on my brand new hard drive (not having the benefit of the old beta files I had before when testing the mod) I noticed the team beacons were messed up.

In Destroyer 2 it showed the following:

Rebels with Red Imperial Icons
Imperials with Blue Rebel Icons

So I fixed it to how it was during testing and how it makes logical sense:

Rebels have Red Rebel Icons
Imperials have Blue Imperial Icons

I also (just for fun) made it possible to select the other classes (besides pilots) like you could in Siege Destroyer, just to show you what they look like, even though all classes fly the ships the same, so it doesn't matter what you pick. This way you can have different taunts and look different in the hangars if you want to.

The fix is attached. Maybe it can be posted on LucasFiles later.

To install just pop it in the same directory as your Asteroids mod.
 PR-0927
05-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Heh, actually, those aren't fixes. In the movies, Rebels are red, Imperials are blue. The Asteroids TFFA Mod Team on purposely did that. As for the classes, ssame thing. They didn't want people to choose Jedi and get to ships faster. It is all a part of a grand scheme. They also made Anti-TKing. Now that stuff rocks...

:fett:
 TK-8252
05-10-2004, 10:34 PM
More siege classes = bad idea. I've seen people who just stand in the hanger (especially on the Imperial side) and use the scout class to snipe people as they run to the ships. Jedi who jump on top of a taking off ship (on the rebel side) and stop people from taking off.
 Kurgan
05-11-2004, 6:47 PM
Originally posted by majinrevan
Heh, actually, those aren't fixes. In the movies, Rebels are red, Imperials are blue. The Asteroids TFFA Mod Team on purposely did that.

:fett:

You missed the point. I'm talking about Siege here, and in Siege, blue is ALWAYS defense and red is ALWAYS offense.

But what kind of sense does it make to give the Imperials rebel symbols and the Imperials rebel symbols?

This just fixes it. And I agree with you on the "official" thing, I was there! (helped test the mod) ; )

The only place where the color scheme is different is JK2 (and hence JA's) TeamFFA & CTF. The colors in Siege merely reflect who's attacking/defending, but the symbols are just made to match.

As for the classes, ssame thing. They didn't want people to choose Jedi and get to ships faster. It is all a part of a grand scheme. They also made Anti-TKing. Now that stuff rocks...

Well not really, because the hangars are virtually the same in TeamFFA as they are in Destroyer2 (with the exception of the extra room+ramp for the shuttle on the Imp side and no hyperspace effect). In TeamFFA everyone has force jump (being all Jedi) so they will get to their ships just as fast!
 Kurgan
01-28-2005, 2:16 PM
Thread revival since this file might be of use to people.

I still haven't posted it anywhere except this thread, after all...
Page: 1 of 1