Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No Worldspawn in map

Page: 1 of 1
 EvilJedi
05-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Ok I made a good map, and I worked extremely hard on this, but now, when I load my map, it says this in the bottom:

... (all textures loading) ...
Loaded: textures/common/sglass2
No worldspawn in map.
Map_New

It doesn't load any brushes, triggers, you name it but it does load my shaders. However it still says in windows exploder (explorer) that my .map file is 336KB so wut the hell is going on, if I can't fix this, would I need to open up my .bsp and decompile? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeeee help....
This messes with my mapping skills.

:band: :bdroid1: :band:
 |GG|Carl
05-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Try to open a new map and import the broken one.
 EvilJedi
05-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Thanks that worked, I should have thought of that.
 EvilJedi
05-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Sorry for the double post... but importing my map made EVERY structural brush a trigger_multiple! Wut the Cow?????????
 |GG|Carl
05-09-2004, 4:08 PM
Select them all (Select one, move it a little and press ctrl+z), and press the right mouse button>make into wordspawn.
 EvilJedi
05-09-2004, 4:50 PM
"Cannot turn classname to worldspawn"
I get a popup saying that :confused:
 Mercenary
05-09-2004, 5:04 PM
Radiant makes backups of your maps. Hopefully you didn't overwrite it yet. Check the maps folder and look for the name of your map with a .bak extension. Rename the extension to .map.
 EvilJedi
05-09-2004, 10:17 PM
Thanks, I'll try this when my computer stops being gay and CONSTANTLY gives errors and other gay crap...

:mad: Fricken spyware :mad:
 |GG|Carl
05-10-2004, 3:39 AM
Originally posted by EvilJedi
"Cannot turn classname to worldspawn"
I get a popup saying that :confused:
Just a note:

You should NOT press "n" and just change the classname.
Press right mouse button and then press "move into worldspawn".
 EvilJedi
05-14-2004, 1:39 AM
Hmmmm I got everything to work now, except theres a few new problems:

1) Radiant gives errors when I load it up
2) My lights don't work (I use the longest test BSP, not sure if that's good or not to see my lights)
3) I have this annoying black box on the side of my 3D view and on the bottom of my 2D view, I solved this before by just re-starting radiant, but now that doesn't work anymore...
 EvilJedi
05-18-2004, 2:41 AM
NM on #2 that was just a bug as for #3, it's gone now that I got GTKRadiant 1.4 but #1 is still there...
 |GG|Carl
05-18-2004, 11:50 AM
About those error messages, it's hard to tell what's wrong if you don't tell us what it says...
 EvilJedi
05-18-2004, 7:18 PM
Ok:

every time I load radiant, it shows half the window and gives me an error message saying:
GtkRadiant has caused an error and will be sh!t (shut) down by windows
or something like that.

I restart radiant, it says
Radiant has failed to load last time it was run etc...

Press yes, do it again, load radiant, select JA
ERROR!!!!!!!!!

I restart my computer...
SAME THING

Yeah... and I can't map while it does this, I downloaded V1.4 of GTK Radiant AND I EVEN REINSTALLED MY COMPUTER (actually I had to do this anyway my computer was completely ****ed up) and it still don work...
Page: 1 of 1