Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Newbie Q: How Do I Load The 'Dockingbay' Duel?

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Evol Baby
05-04-2004, 2:03 AM
D/loaded it, put it in my base folder. Didn't come with a 'read me/how to' so I'm betting it's some simple procedure I've not used yet.

--ZeeMan--
05-04-2004, 2:49 AM
umm...make sure it's been unzipped and then it should be available to load up automatically if you start your own game
 Darth Evol Baby
05-04-2004, 3:05 AM
Oh it's unzipped. Came downloaded in a zip file. Took the pk3 file and put it in my base folder. It doesn't show up in the map list.
 Crow_Nest
05-04-2004, 4:39 AM
First is it an FFA, duel or siege map, and is it made for jk2 or JA? Try removing some of your other maps, this usally happens when i got too many of it.
 Darth Evol Baby
05-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
First is it an FFA, duel or siege map, and is it made for jk2 or JA? Try removing some of your other maps, this usally happens when i got too many of it.

It's called Duel_Dockingbay as you'll see in the earlier post. There are no other maps than the original ones installed in the game.
 Obi_Kwiet
05-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Are you sure you didn't get it for the wrong game? Like putting a JKA map in the JO folder or visa versa. But realy other than that it should be there. Maby it's corrupted. Try re-dnling it.
 Mex
05-04-2004, 12:38 PM
Try typing this into the console :

Devmap Duel_Dockingbay

Also make sure you've spelt it properly.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
05-04-2004, 3:31 PM
Actually, it's named duel_dockingbay3207. It should show up in the list under Duel when starting a solo game. If not, try /map duel_dockingbay3207 in the console.
 Darth Evol Baby
05-04-2004, 5:37 PM
Yep, that did it.

devmap duel_dockingbay3207

What pisses me off is that it's not in the readme file. I had to open the pk3 file to find it was called dockingbay3207

This is a constant annoyance. I went through 5 readme files recently and found not only were there missing instructions but spelling errors up the whazzoo.

Guys can make a kick butt map or mod but half-butt the readme files.

:)
Page: 1 of 1